Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Expand the RGB tool further

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 4:25pm
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 2:03pm
Ok that I understand, up to this point. But how is this going to go in the sequence? That's were it gets fuzzy for me. Maybe you can make up a sequence and send it to me using controller 1 id 3 or something. Then I can see it in my cold medicated bum head!

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 8:24am
No, you would need to set controller 1, channel 1 as RED, then channel 2 as GREEN, and 3 as BLUE.
Then when you want a PINK wall, you select PINK from the color picker and Aurora determines the correct percentages from channel 1, 2, and 3 to turn on to achieve PINK.
I haven't see this done anywhere else other than floods since thier color will blend and merge better than a string of minis. (other than FF)
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 7:03pm
Man I must be thick. In my head, it doesn't jive. Hear me out:

Let's say I take controller 1 channel 1. I load a song and sequence it so that at every 3 second, I get that controller and channel to flash. With RGB, I just have to set it to that channel and controller and anywhere in the sequence, on any channel, it will remember that I want channel 1 controller 1 to flash? Embarrassed 

It must be the extra cold medicine I'm taking.Sleepy   Usually I'm pretty quick but right now, I must say I'm 2 sandwiches short of a full picnic basket!

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 6:16pm
The RGB "device" is perhaps more accurate. When you setup a particular channel, you have the option of setting it as either "D-Light Firefly" or as "D-Light RGB" instead of the normal LOR or D-Light controller names. Either choice puts you in an RGB mode. In the "D-Light RGB" mode, you then must designate a Controller # and Channel # for Red, then Blue, then Green. They can be on different controllers if you desire.

When you use that RGB channel, you get to pick colors from a "picking" table as either the same color from ON to OFF or you can pick an ON color and a different OFF color and the software will create the necessary RGB values to get those colors. Very simple to use as soon as you see it.

more questions?
JonB - D-Light user
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 5:41pm
Ok, I had asked in a previous post what the RGB button does. Well I'm a newb. Does it work with only the firefly or what does it do exactly? Embarrassed

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 9:49pm
Chris, I see you point - but

I think the driving force behind RGB is to drive lights that are intended to mix their colors into new colors. Wall washes, Firefly, etc...

I have Red, Green, Blue and White on my Megatree, but I am never trying to "mix" them to a different color. It is usually just one color at a time, perhaps fading into another.

I would love an option that would let you "condense" a set of tracks, though, like a single click that would collapse all the Megatree channels or Minitree channels down to a single track, then click again to expand. That would be more useful to me than the Track feature in LOR S2.
JonB - D-Light user
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 4:01pm
the RGB tool is great, but why not expand it further to cover more channels that just Red, blue, and green.  If you have a red, green, and white mega tree would it not make sense to make that a option as well.  If you have 4-5 color objects. Being able to condense the same multi-colored object down into one channel I can see being a useful tool since the multi-color displays are getting more popular.

If you have a R,B,G, and White mega tree, bushes, roof line, ect, your covered.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12