FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

1.0.32 (beta preview 2 of 1.1) is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ghamma View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 12:38pm
I didn't adjust the sun tool.  Adjusting the sun tool all the way up leaves me a white background for the drawing in playback, half way up a gray background.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 11:11am
Just out of curiosity, you haven't adjusted the image brightness (sun tool) to zero have you?
ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 11:35am
Thanks for trying this out.  I just created a 640x480 and I get a black box over which the drawn figures show, but no picture is visible.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 11:09am
A 640x480 @ 72DPI JPG displays just fine in Vista. Can't see why anything more would be needed. Its not like we're trying to light the Mona Lisa.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 11:02am
So then this is definitely an issue with Vista.  Unfortunately, I don't have Vista, so I'll have to pass this one on to someone who does.  
~Jonathan
ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 9:57am
Don't be distracted by the less than perfect panorama.  The photos used weren't a perfect match to the panorama program and the house swings up to the right.  No big deal.

It works find under XP for display, ignoring the distortion in the original image. 

Other images 4:3 and lower resolution don't display during playback on my system under Vista, either.
camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 3:04am
The actual image looks like it is messed up.  I looked at it using XP and it doesn't look like.  It is definitely messed up.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 1:54am
Instead of wondering, "Why isn't it working in Vista?", the question might very well be, "Why is it actually working in XP?"  I'm not sure on Aurora's requirements for pictures, but a panoramic shot like that just seems to be begging for trouble.  My computer had to scale it back just so I could see it on my widescreen!  Michael (or maybe one of the other fine folks around here who has a knack for remembering these kinds of things) can tell you for certain what dimensions are ok.  Do you have this same issue when you use a traditional sized picture, or is it just that one image in particular?
~Jonathan
ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 11:02pm
Greetings,

Here's the image that works for me in XP but not under Vista

http://www.hamma.us/photos/xmas/HanoverReduced.jpg

ghamma View Drop Down

Quote ghamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 10:19pm
I used an image that was successfully displaying in both my XP systems without success. 

1280x270, less than 500K file

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>