Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora 1.0.25 (beta preview of 1.1) is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora 1.0.25 (beta preview of 1.1) is here!
    Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 8:16pm
We found one of the bugs surrounding config.dat.  After switching to a file in a new location the path name in the config file was being corrupted.  A fix is in the hands of the beta testers to test.

We also found some bugs where some things were not rendering properly in the visualizer and/or were dropping off the left side of the grid during grid panning (no data loss, just not rendered to the screen properly).  A fix is in beta testing now.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 13 Nov 2008 at 8:17pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 11:56am
Actually it was originally intended for floodlight control but Firefly appeared on the scene before it ever was written, so priorities were rearranged.

We still have a few tricks up our sleeve for 2009 with these new tools.  Imagine combining all of the individual colors on a mega tree into a single "slice channels" that will auto-map to the appropriate strands on the tree (any color... not just red,green, and blue) based on the selected RGB color (this is coming in 2009).
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 8:42am
You know the point of Firefly? Well, it's an easy way to control a single pixel's color.
Beyaond that, you you have red, green, and blue floods, you can control thouse 3 with and create a single wash color.
Somehow I expect that it's originally and basically designed to control Firefly easily, as a single 16 chennel controller. Then other toys/tricks were added.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 11:49am
Since I'm having issues with this newer version, I can't see what the RGB tool does. What does it do? Embarrassed

jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 3:14pm
Smile Gawd.. Don't fix it all now. Then we wont be excited little elves when Santa brings us 1.1

Thank you for the hard work.  I left development as I hated getting nit-picked.  You deal with a lot from us.

Thanks again from all of us as we all appreciate this making it out while we test our Christmas sequences.

Edited by jberner - 09 Nov 2008 at 3:15pm
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 12:03pm
Quite a laundry list...I will mess with it soon.  Still the program over all has been a lot better than spectrum.  A lot of the "fixes" I was waiting for were more just "convienences" when sequencing. 

Thanks for the hard work.  Thanks to the beta testers.

Kalifi
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:15pm

I will start a new thread with issues I've had so far.

mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:11pm
Smile WOW Smile
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:07pm
It was certainly one of our longer lists... which is why there was so much frustration with 1.0 and why "should be fixed in a week" ended up being two months.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:03pm

You might BOLD FACE the line about file compatibility a little more. 

That may be critical to some folks. Otherwise, all I could say was "Holy Crap!" as I read the list of additions and fixes.

Edited by JonB256 - 07 Nov 2008 at 3:08pm
JonB - D-Light user
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>