Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Just starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
need2hug View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote need2hug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just starting
    Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 4:59pm
Hello all

I have the Aurora 1.25 build. I got the pic of my house/yard set. I have the song I want to use. I have/am getting 3 D Light AC16 channel controllers. I created my file and labelled the controllers/and drew the lights/and items i want to light up.

Now what? What did I miss?I have these problems.

Biggest question - is there NOT a guide to do along with this software? Aka meaning this will do that and this will do this.. I have gotten alot of help already from the forums and appreaciate that help channel!

1) I can not manipulate any of the channels.  can not tell it to turn on ramp or anything of that nature. I click , right click left click, curse a little, and repeat. So now what should I be doing? I have NOT got the controllers yet hopefully by weeks end.

2) When I get the application to play the song and show my the picture of my house, the view is very distorted. Is there anyway to correct this? Nothing happens when I play the file as the system hasnt let me go in to change anything to tell it to turn on or off.

*Note, I have d/l  a shared sequence, and when I play it, it works. I am able to manipulate what someone else has done,  but cant get Mine to work. I know its something easy I bet

Thanks for any help

Chris
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 5:10pm
My guess is that you haven't selected the event marker FIRST.

First select the event marker on the left (it's a little pic of a clock), clicking on it will highlight the tool.

Then go over to the main section of the music, and place a timing marker (by left clicking on the grid. Then go further to the right and place another timing mark. Those two marks now show the start and the finish of the lighting effect.

No place an effect by clicking on say the ON command (again on the left), it's called set intensity. Then after highlighting on it, go to the grid and left click BETWEEN the timing marks you did earlier, and hey presto your fist effect should be complete. Then click n the house icon and play back the sequence and the simulated house pics should light and show the effect your just placed.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 5:13pm
need2hug View Drop Down

Quote need2hug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:12pm
That was it!

You are a life saver.. If I wasnt already almost bald, I was about to pull my hair out!

Thank you very much for helping me!

Can you recommend a good way to cut/edit a song?  Or if you know of a way to only use part of a song. Possibly even put 2 songs together/etc that type of editor.

Thanks once again

Chris

Hopefully, once I get educated and more experience with this, I will be able to help others out also!

Merry Christmas
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 11:07pm
Audacity can do all that and more, plus it's free. 
~Jonathan
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Jonathan

Audacity can do all that and more, plus it's free. 

And Remember the GOLDEN RULE -> save ALL music files as WAV files.

StarStarStar
 Post Reply Post Reply