Scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MarkDXB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MarkDXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 10:28pm
How do you exit the scheduler? when its running I get a black screen and I cant get out of it. Is there a hot key i.e f5 or something to exit ?

thanks
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:20pm
That is the video trying to play.
Just double click it, the blank video will minimize.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:37am
The black screen is known as "screen blanking".  I've seen variations of this question a lot lately.  I'm going to explain what is supposed to be happening with the "black screen"... if anyone is seeing something different, let me know. 

First, the black screen should only appear if you have at least one video sequence.  If you are only using audio sequences, then you should never see the black screen.

If you are using video sequences and you only have one monitor (or you have two but have chosen to configure Borealis to use monitor #1 for video), then the screen blanking will appear during the audio sequences.  This keeps the scheduler and/or your desktop from appearing on your projection during the non-video sequences.

If you have two monitors and have configured video to use monitor #2, then monitor 2 will do the screen blanking... your desktop/scheduler will remain visible.

At any time, you can double click anywhere in the blanked window and the desktop will reappear.

Based on the reaction here, I suspect that some people may be experiencing screen blanking even though they do not use video.  If this is the case, please let me know (that would be a bug).
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:47am
Yep - no video for me, but I see screen blanking.  I double click and it goes to a window.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:39am
Ok, well double click for now and I'll add this to be bug list... the blanking is only supposed to happen with video. 
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:49am
Same here, not a single video sequence yet the screen blanking is happening.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:58am
Not entirely surprising... although the 69 update contains other stuff (like some COM fixes), it was mostly a video-centric release.  The release would not have happened until September if it weren't for some video issues in July 4 shows, so the testing on 69 leaned heavily toward using video sequences to get things in order for the 7/4 shows.  Blanking received an code change right before release (to fix another issue), and we failed to test it with audio only (as it turns out that detection is broken).

Since there is a workaround (double click) this one isn't worthy of a mid-season fix, but I do have it in the issue log.
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:24am
I get the screen blanking and I have no Video as well.

Just don't try to do an Alt+Tab to switch programs because the show will HALT. Ouch

Holding breath for DMX.
rcrick View Drop Down

Quote rcrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 10:12pm
Some what anoying but I also get the screen blanking and I have no Video as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply