Lights to controller?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 9:24pm
Sorry I am used to d-light, I do own a piece of LOR equipment and now I remember that you have to go to
http://www.lightorama.com/support.html
Support > Software Downlods

Download the S2 Software and install it in the demo mode. The hardware configuration utility comes with that install. Their Hardware utility requires that you have the LOR software installed. It dosen't matter whether you use LOR sequencer or not.

You may also want to take look at Basic Setup diagrams as well up at the top of the page.

Dewey I missed the dongle, good call.

Holding breath for DMX.
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 10:17pm

Dewey, yes I purchased a USB485 from LOR and installed that driver.

Joe

Mr C2K, thanks, I'll go ahead and download the demo version to get the hardware utility.

Joe

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 9:12pm

Isn't it amazing how even small steps feel rewarding.  I'm taking small steps, they're in the right direction.

Yahoo, I successfully download LOR S2 and after some searching found the hardware utility.  Already it is not as user friendly as Aurora (maybe I'm kissing up a bit).  Anyhow I assigned and configured the first controller and OMG actual got some lights to go on and off via the LOR test. Smile

Still nothing from the Aurora sequence Unhappy

NWAG (that's a Newbie Wild A** Guess), there must be some alignment, address, pointing from Aurora to the new LOR hardware, that either isn't done or I've done incorrectly????

One of my earlier questions about which connection point does the cat5 cable go into...figured that out.

So how do I get Aurora to talk to LOR hardware?  There must be some missing link?

TIA!!!
Joe
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 9:16pm
Are you using the sequencing software or the scheduler software to try to run the lights?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 9:19pm
The sequencing software. Clicking the light bulb to red.

Tks!
Joe
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 10:25pm
when you start the sequences.....is the blinking light on the controller going to solid?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 4:08am
What type of cat 5 cable are you using.  We have seen this same type of issue where someone had a bad cable or a crossover cable. 

Check there too

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Albert Einstein
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 9:40am
Device ID? This is the # of my controller, correct? So my first controller is #1, second #2 and so on.

Each controller has a device ID that you can assign - you need to find out what device ID your LOR controllers are set to.  (I believe the D-Light boards ship with a device ID set to 2.)  You can configure your boards to have the same ID (meaning they will all do the same thing) or different IDs.  I'm not familiar with LOR hardware, so I can't tell you how to set that up, but with D-Light, you use the hardware utility and connect to a single board and set the ID. 

Then, when you set up your sequence in Aurora, you need to assign your controllers accordingly.  Network 1, Device ID that you gave it, and the channel layout for that controller.

When you tested with the LOR utility, it was probably broadcasting commands to ALL IDs, which is why they came on.  Odds are that your Aurora sequence is sending out the commands, but there are no controllers (devices) set to the IDs being broadcast.

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 10:34am
Smile  Thanks to all of the above advice and a phone conversation w/ Tony Furst, I was able to get "blinking lights" to not just one, but two LOR controllers. Big%20smile Big%20smile  One thing I found interesting is that after I made some changes, I needed to refresh my PC before they would become effective. A simple save was not enough.  Now, I just need to assign ID's to the other 3 controllers and then update each sequence with the proper addressing. 

Thanks to all who helped ClapClap
Joe

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 8:34pm
Almost, almost, almost, but not quite there.

I got four CTB16PC controllers, version 4.02 firmware running great. The fifth controller is a CTB08D, version 4.01 firmware and it's not cooperating.  When I test it w/ the LOR hardware utility it tests just fine.  I've addressed the Aurora software the same as the other four controllers, so addressing should be fine.

the only thing I'm wondering about is, do I need to update the firmware to at least LOR's version 4.3?  Note that the 16 channel controller is working just fine w/ firmware 4.02.  The potential problem is that since I bought the controllers used, I don't have any license for them.  Really I bought them legit, they weren't stolen or hot. Smile  I don't know if I need a license for hardware or not; guess I need to put a post over on PC or the LOR board to find that out?????

I'm only 5 of these channels, but they're the channels that light up my lawn cut-outs, so they're critical to my show. Ugh!!

Any thoughts, insight, suggestions?

Tks!!!
Joe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>