Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Help for a beginner on placing timing marks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mmciver View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mmciver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for a beginner on placing timing marks
    Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 10:50am
Hello everyone and Happy New Year.

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone on this site can help with.  I am running Aurora and while last year I used modified sequences for my show, this year I am creating sequences from scratch.

One of my issues is basic editing of the timing marks.   I can put new marks on the Aurora with out too much struggling.  I still have issues with do I select the point with a cursor first and then hit "V" or is there a better way to do it.

What I cannot figure out is how to move or delete the marks.  I can get around aurora pretty easy, but this eludes me.

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike

What do you mean I have enough lights?
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 11:23am
I press V to select the Event tool, then move the mouse to the correct spot and click.  That will place the timing mark.  Then if you want to fine tune, move the cursor until it turns into horizontal arrows - you can then drag the timing event left and right.

Be sure to experiment with using the split feature.  Let's say you want to place timing marks on every beat.  Place one, then place another several seconds later.  Then split that region into X cells.  A lot faster than placing each one individually.

For example, I wanted to do a chase down the street - I had 73 mini trees.  Instead of placing 73 marks, I placed a mark at the beginning and the end.   Then I split that cell into 73 cells.
 Post Reply Post Reply