Limitations in Music?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limitations in Music?
    Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 7:04pm

Is there a limitation in the music file format selection?  I've come across 1 song mp3 format that causes Aurora to fault when trying to create a new sequence.

Just so happens it's TSO Christmas Canon Rock.  I tried converting it to .wav - same result. Tried converting it to mp3 at lesser quality - same result. So far this has been the only AV file I've found that caused this but I only tried about 3 or 4.

Sorry if this might be in the wrong forum - I don't yet have acces for posting in the pre-order users and not access in the beta forum.

Despite the quirks that one can expect in beta code - I really like this product - never could quite grasp Spectrum. Loaded this and I'm really making progress
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 6:48pm
I had that same problem with that same song! I just decided not to use it (I had many others) But I was able to finally get it to import successfully after about 10 attempts. I found that this too was a song that hung with the Vista direct show, during use via the scheduler. The fix there was to use the XP (just in scheduler) plug in.

Not much help but I had the same issue.

Lee

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 7:46pm
Actually I'm finding more and more mp3's that are giving the same problem - all work fine in Spectrum, LOR demo, and Vixen. Tried converting these to .wav - no good, same problem.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2008 at 11:56am

It's a GDI memory management / backbuffering issue.  A fix for this will be going out to the beta testers as soon.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 10:49am
In the meantime is there a work around this problem in .2?  It seems as if many ofl the audio files I'd like to begin sequencing are causing this to happen..  I've tried many different formats (.mp3, .wav, etc) using the various different options in saving the converted audio file in an attempt to somehow get around the problem but nothing seems to work.

If there's a possible work-around then I could at least get some sequencing accomplished and switch audio files to a better sounding format once the fix (guessing in .3 perhaps) is released.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply