It's that time again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's that time again...
    Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:16am
Well the wife and I have begun the annual summer Christmas light show inventory habit.
We began by separating the mega tree lights in their proper packet of lights, properly wrapped the extension cords, put the proper lights in the proper totes, taking notes on what was damaged and what needs to be replaced.

You know it's a good time when the wife will say she'll have a beer with me! Shocked  Or it's the fact that its 90 plus degrees out in the sun. Even the crickets refuse to make noise due to the hot weather.
Neighbors looks at us with weird looks on their face...maybe it's because of me whistling the tune of White Christmas as we do all this work.

Has anybody else started to do their display work yet or is it too soon?

deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 2:08pm
How are you gonna get Halloween stuff done if you're starting on Christmas already?!
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 5:05pm
I don't do Halloween with the lights and stuff. We have very few people coming (none in the past 5 years!!!). I like to concentrate all my time on the Christmas one instead. 

onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 6:54pm
we started picking up supplies for Halloween... can't wait to get started 
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 7:40pm
Slacker!LOL Have 80% of the sequencing done, with the remainder pending additional light and controller moola. Going "blueless" this year as the darned things fade in no time, and the price vs quality vs safety vs on-time delivery of LEDs is dubious at best.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 1:42pm
This year (because of my wife) we have added purple lights. She says it will make the display a lot purdier... Ermm

Edited by BigDPS - 25 Aug 2010 at 1:42pm

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:35pm
Just a forewarning, DPS. The purples tend to look like red at a distance, so space accordingly. Had to restring my megas in the 11th hour last year because of that.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 4:53pm
Great.....I took blue out to replace with purple. Had I known that, I would've kept blue and get rid of red.

Today, at the feels like 104 degrees with humidity mark, my wife and I were completing the wrapping of the mini arches. To top it all ,we had christmas music streaming on the computer. Thumbs%20Up

Does anybody else listen to Christmas music at THIS time of the year while working on their display? I hope I'm (we're) not the only ones.....Wink

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:55pm
If you keep the reds away from the purples, all will be fine. My initial config was Red, Green, Blue, White, Purple - with the arrangement repeating. As you can see, on the second iteration, red is next to purple. What I ended up doing was moving the purple in between green and blue - and avoided lighting up the reds any time the purple was on.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 11:50am
I can't recall my colors but I think they are purple, green, yellow and red.

I suppose I can do purple green red yellow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>