Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Aurora 1.0.90 In DMX Mode
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DMX Alpha Software Installation (1.0.90)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DMX Alpha Software Installation (1.0.90)
    Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:35pm
The URL for the DMX alpha release that was tested last season:

http://www.aurorashow.com/downloads/aurora_1_0_90.zip

It is highly recommended that this release be installed on a clean system... free of previous Aurora installs.  If you must install this on a system which has another version of Aurora installed, then be sure to fully uninstall any versions of Aurora found in the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and then do a reboot before installing this versionThis installer will not correctly perform an upgrade from previous versions of Aurora.

As a very early testing release, the DMX functionality of this version is limited in that several features are not yet included:

1. Only 1 DMX universe is currently supported and it must be assigned to Network #32.
2. Only the "Intensity" command is currently supported on DMX the channels (however there is a workaround to this restriction below)

Regarding restriction #2, one of the beta testers, "deweycooter", has put together a third party application "hack" which will process your sequence files to convert ramp/shimmer/twinkle events into a series of intensity events so that they will show up properly on the DMX wire.  Obviously this is not the long term plan (in the long term Aurora will render these properly), but it does work for expanding the limited alpha-status functionality.  Deweycooter will be posting the URL for this application in another thread as soon as he is finished cleaning it up a little bit.

This release also includes a bonus of seamless playback in the scheduler and a few other goodies that, although present, we are keeping quiet about.

New threads for setting up a D-Light adapter as a DMX interface (wiring pinouts) and instructions for configuring the D2XX DMX network will be started soon.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:55pm
Perhaps this question can't be directly answered because of NDA's but guess I'll ask it anyway:

In 1.1 will still depend upon the D-Light adapter used as a DMX interface (which didn't work all that well with the V2 adapter whenever I tried - I only have the V2 and haven't tried the mod to make it a V3) or will any other DMX adapter (i.e. Lynx) be supported.

I'll make a guess and think that a more 'native' DMX will come about in 1.2 maybe.
 Post Reply Post Reply