Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

how to send signals to aurora show sequencer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
peter frank View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote peter frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to send signals to aurora show sequencer
    Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:41am
Hi friends
in my d-light hardware utility 2.4.2. i configured com port5.and there in 16 channel when i m checking it works properly.so i closed the d-light hardware utility and came to aurora sequencer software. when i opening the software the red led is flashing.
in serial network configuration , i configured like this
com 5
57600. and i closed.and now red led is constantly on. so i closed the network configuration. . now again red led started flashing. and i opened the sequencer. and pressed the play back button. now red led is constantly on. . but when song is running the lights are not running. led shows constantly on. how can i solve . can you guide me please.
(sorry for grammatic mistake.)and thanks for privious support
peter
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:17am
Aurora (Sequencer) will not automatically send commands out.  You must click the lightbulb (it turns red) for this to happen.  You must have already setup your serial networks.  Remember that once your settings are in place, you must click "Add Network".  Just clicking "Done" isn't enough.  For the record, D-Light ACx16's can now connect at the fast speed (115,200), but a lower speed (57,600) is also fine. 

Borealis (Scheduler) will only have "controller lock" in place if the start button is pressed (and a show is running), OR if the scheduler is pre-selected selected to automatically start running a show when the program is opened.  If this is the case, press the stop button on the scheduler and the controller will revert back to a flashing led.

I have never checked this, but it could be possible that when setting up the serial network, it would result in the system trying to lock onto the controllers.  Irregardless, once the network is setup, this should not be an issue.

If there is music playing (and the lightbulb is clicked, or if you are running a show) then commands are being sent out.  If the controllers aren't responding to this, then something else, like the HW Utility being left connected, you closed out Borealis Scheduler with the start buton still pressed, or incorrect programming (perhaps you selected the wrong NDC [network, device, channel] settings when programming) are the most likely probable causes.

~Jonathan
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:25am
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but make sure that the network numbers match and the controller IDs match. 

*  When configuring the port, make note of what network you assigned.
*  Click on a channel label in the sequencer.  The channel properties dialog should pop up. 
    *  Make sure that the network shown here matches network you configured.
    *  Note the Device ID that is shown in the channel properties.  This should be the same as what you see using the D-Light Hardware Utility. 

If both of these are set right, you should be good to go.
peter frank View Drop Down

Quote peter frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 3:18pm
thank you so much specially janathan and deweycooter. it helped me a lot. i had problem with com port not detecting. it caused my network channels and hardware conflict. it took me long time. but i cant forget your good help. it helped me a lot...thank you so much for your good heart(helping nature). God Bless you
peter
need2hug View Drop Down

Quote need2hug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 9:35pm
A question.. This is my second year working with this software setup. I did this in 2008 and everything went just fine. Due to 4 family deaths in 2009 I didnt do anything for Christmas/ This year, as part of my healing, I decided to do up the lights as a memorial to my loved one(I know cheesy right?)  I have the exact same setups (controller 3,4,5) I have the sequences I worked on in 08 that worked. So I figured this was going to be a snap to redo..well WRONG

I cant get the Sequencer to do anything with the lights. Heres a couple questions/what I have

I have the 3 controllers with the same device # as used before. I plug the computer to the controller boxes ..

**Does it make a difference if the arrange of boxes is different? FRom my computer goes to cvontroller 5 then to controller 4 then 3.   Would this be a problem? 
I can manually push the button inside each controller and the lights all turn on. There is no blinking lights. So I am not sure whats going on.
When I load a sequence, I push the RED LIGHT button to make it connect. I added the network ( I only have 1 network labelled 1)/ All of my channel items have the same Net 1, dev either 3,4, or 5, and then the channells
So I am not sure what else to do.

1)Does thes order of the controllers matter
2)When I plugh the cables into the controllers - does it matter which port the cable goes into ( im talking about on each controller theres 2 plugs for the cables, I think ive tried moving them around but nothing happened.

3) I know on one of my controllers if I pressed the (on/off)button a couple times sometimes i get like some lights blinking some not on , othertimes all on.

So, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Ive been trying to figure it out and figured that its getting to be crunch time.

THanks
Chris
dynawg View Drop Down

Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:44pm
I'm sure others with more wisdom than I will chime in...

No, the 'order' that your controllers are plugged in doesn't matter.

I would check your com port and make sure it is set to the correct number.  Are you using d-light hardware?  Can you 'talk' to the controllers with the hardware utility?

Best of luck

Cheers!
Bob
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:44pm
Not cheesy at all.

Check your COM port setting.

Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:47am
Needtohug,

If you are trying to run the light show from inside the sequencer application, you need to first, click the settings box on the top of the display.  Next click the serial networks and then make sure that your adapter is shown in the drop down pane.  After that select your adapter and close the box.  Secondly, again if you are in the sequencer you need to click the light bulb icon just below the word playback and above the time clock.

If you are using the scheduler, you also need to setup the serial networks.  The same process as above.

If you connect with the D-Light hardware utility, can you "see" all your controllers and if so, can you turn lights on and off with it.

If you continue to have issues, you may want to consider moving this discussion to the D-LIght forums into the AC-16 discussion.  That area is better suited to help you if you have more specific issues.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Albert Einstein
Audra View Drop Down

Quote Audra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Bigindian

Needtohug,

If you are trying to run the light show from inside the sequencer application, you need to first, click the settings box on the top of the display.  Next click the serial networks and then make sure that your adapter is shown in the drop down pane.  After that select your adapter and close the box.  Secondly, again if you are in the sequencer you need to click the light bulb icon just below the word playback and above the time clock.

If you are using the scheduler, you also need to setup the serial networks.  The same process as above.

If you connect with the D-Light hardware utility, can you "see" all your controllers and if so, can you turn lights on and off with it.

If you continue to have issues, you may want to consider moving this discussion to the D-LIght forums into the AC-16 discussion.  That area is better suited to help you if you have more specific issues.

I have never checked this, but it could be possible that when setting up the serial network, it would result in the system trying to lock onto the controllers. Irregardless, once the network is setup, this should not be an issue.

This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove Spam links.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 13 Apr 2011 at 7:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply