scheduler issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MarkDXB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MarkDXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scheduler issue
    Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:38am
Thanks for the help so far, ive been through the various tutorials but cant figure out whats happening

I fixed the other errors i was getting and am just left with this one related to an issue with scheduler,

Ive added three sequences to the loop sequence section. but it does not start.  i get show running, then checking for video in sequences?

If i just load one sequence in the run once it works but doesnt move onto the other shows...anyone any idea what Im missing and why my sequences dont play ? thks
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:06am
I presume you are running v1.0.69.  (If not, then do so.)  Are you running video?  What type of media are you using (.wav, .mp3, .wmv, .avi)?  Aurora recognizes various media types, but .wav and .avi work best, so if you are having issues, try those two formats.  Keep in mind that Aurora has to extract the information from the media files (video and sound both), and this process can take a a long while the first time it is done.  Don't be fooled by a "Program not responding" message.  If Aurora actually crashes, trust me, you'll know. 

If it's just getting stuck no matter how long you give it, try deleting borealix.dat (in the Show folder), as well as the files in the cache folder.  Note that you will probably have to set up your network information again and that Aurora will regenerate the missing files.
~Jonathan
MarkDXB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MarkDXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:14pm
Jonathan, this

I'm not running any video or at least I don't think I am..how would I know

Running 1.0.69

Media files are mp3s

And my aurora crashs quite a bit! I sort of got used to saving every 2 mins!

Edited by MarkDXB - 02 Dec 2010 at 2:15pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:59pm
Switch to all .wav files.  This can be done under File, Properties. 

In short, Aurora can use many types of media files, but mp3's can be problematic due to the encoding used.  There are literally hundreds of different mp3 encoders, and problems can arise from this when Aurora tries to convert it (using the standard Windows decoders). 

Wave files do not have these encoding issues and as such are highly recommended.  Most user issues arising from the use of mp3's can be solved by by switching to .wav audio files.

If you need a program to convert .mp3 into .wav, I recommend a (free) program called Audacity.  It is a fantastic audio editor that can export .wav files. 

Update your sequences with .wav files and then let us know how it goes.
~Jonathan
MarkDXB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MarkDXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:17pm
Many thanks Jonathan! star... ill let you know tonight how it goes!
MarkDXB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MarkDXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 4:31am
Jonathan hi,

Ok, I went with WMS format as wav for some reason was creating huge files 30mb plus......anyway, glad to report the scheduler is working a treat...

Many thanks! Problem is next year I want to expand my 32 channels!!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 8:57am
I'm glad it's working for you.  And yes, .wav (and especially .avi) files can be much larger than their compressed .mp3 and .wmv counterparts simply because they are not compressed. 
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply