LOR Board LAGGING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOR Board LAGGING
    Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 3:36pm
I have 5 boards (4 DCX16's, and a new LOR PC16 channel). They all connect and run, but the LOR board is delying, and will only play things about every 2 seconds (as in, everything it was supposed to play in the 2 seconds at once) This board is also hooked up to the main part of the display... Please help! Yes, all Firmware's are up to date, and all numbers are assigned correctly... Ah! HELP!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 4:06pm
There is a known issue with firmware v1.19 and Aurora.  DO NOT use v1.19 on ANY ACx16 controller.  A workaround is being tested; stay tuned.  If your LOR board is running the latest firmware, it is possible that it contains the "fix" that is causing the same issues that the D-Light boards have with Aurora.  That is just an assumption; obviously you'd have better luck with LOR hardware questions on the LOR forum.  Basically, influences outside of D-Light's, Aurora's, and LOR's control created an issue that necessitated new firmware to correct it.  It just so happens that Aurora can't communicate well with it.  It could very easily have been the other way (but it wasn't).

I recommend that you downgrade your LOR board's firmware to see if that helps.  Also, you can try to increase the network speed.  Controllers these days like to talk fast.  A network speed of 115,200 is now considered standard.  (Obviously, choose the speed that best works for you.)

I have a sequence with A LOT of effects in rapid succession.  What happens with me is that sometimes the controllers can't keep up, and I have a full second and a half with no effects followed by extremely fast effects to keep it all on track, the "all at once" scenario.  I'm still working on a way to keep the sequence flowing smoothly, and so far the solution has been to dumb down the number of effects at that spot in the song. For the time being, you may have to do the same.
~Jonathan
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 11:29am
I had updated all my d-light boards with .19 when the upgrade came out and it exhibited the same experience with lagging, poor light output on incandescents, flickering etc. I downgraded to 1.17 version and everything is rock solid. I have 13 d-light controllers all very happy.

Tom

Holding breath for DMX.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 4:44pm
FYI (in case you haven't read about it in other threads), v1.20Beta is out, and is recommended for Aurora users.
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 6:31pm
I am afraid to upgrade now that my show is up and running. I even took out 1.17 when people started having bad experience last year so I have 1.16 on my boxes. I'll wait when the firmware is well ridden/tested and then I'll upgrade. Having to turn stuff on in the advanced menu, for me, it would be forgotten somehow.

Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 7:10pm
LOR said with the new boards you cannot downgrade. Dang! Is there any way I can get a link to the 2.0 beta, or the "fix" that you have?
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 8:31pm
another question: I keep getting an overflow error when I try to add my video. It stinks having my show not completely running, and allot of cars coming by. please help!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 9:08pm
v1.20Beta (for D-Light ACx16 users only):  http://www.d-light.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=14851#p14851
*Note that you have to run the HW Utility in advanced mode and you must change the #40 EEPROM setting to 1. 

Video: use an .avi file.  Also, you can delete the files in the cache folder and have Aurora regenerate them.  That may help (but it will also take some time).  If not, post the details of your specific error.

Edited by Jonathan - 05 Dec 2010 at 9:12pm
~Jonathan
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 3:23pm
So I deleted My Cache, and now when I open Aurora and select my project it says opened like normal then when I close down the screen that has how many events and channels it opened, It comes up with an error message:
Debugging information:
6: Overflow
FrmMain.AudioOverlay
AuroraSequencer
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 6:38pm
What do I do? Now my sequence won't even play... any1?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>