LOR Board LAGGING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 3:04pm
I just reread the thread and realized that it is a single controller board that is glitching (but all of the others are working properly).  Is this correct?

I had mistakenly assumed that it was your whole network that was glitching which resembles an issue we've seen with the VCP drivers before.  However, if it is just one board that is glitching then you need to look for problems at that specific board.  Aurora doesn't care if the board can be detected or not... it will always output data for all of the boards.  If the rest of your boards are reacting at the proper time then the data has already gone down the wire and is being held at that board for some reason.

Michael
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 9:17am
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

I just reread the thread and realized that it is a single controller board that is glitching (but all of the others are working properly).  Is this correct?

For me..... it is the whole network that is lagging. Last year you sent me a .89 version that helped, but crashed once or twice a night. This year that version crashes every 30 min or so. Unusable. I have not tried the .90 version.

Right now I am experimenting with xLights. It looks promising, but getting the aurora exports (using his exporter) to work is quirky.
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:36am
I have given up on xlights for now. I believe it is an audio codec issue or something wierd, but it will not run an entire show without crashing.
I do have some good news Michael! My sequence that consistantly lags is no longer lagging! I can not say for sure, but is seems to be related to some extra channels that are in my sequences. Last year I made some changes to my setup and channels. When I imported channels from file, it pushed the unused channels to the bottom. When added the new channels, they would duplicate the n/d/c settings of the old channels. I did not want to delete the old channels because they contained events that I wanted to be able to copy and use. So to correct for the duplication, I simply changed the old channels to Network 2. Now I do not use multiple networks and do not have a second network setup in the network settings.

For all but one of my sequences they have run fine this way all last year and the first part of this year. About a week ago, I decided that I did not need to save those old channels any longer and deleted them from the sequence. **Now I did not notice FOR SURE that this fixed it, but... Since about that time that problem sequence no longer lags!

Is there any reasoning behind this, or could it be coincidental?

Carey
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 3:03pm
Unused networks shouldn't have caused any problems, but it is a use case we never thought of testing for often either.

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123