Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Lights Start To Skip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cmurray View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lights Start To Skip
    Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 11:37pm
This is my second year with the Aurora software, last year the show ran perfect no problems for the whole month but this year no such luck and I am hoping someone has some ideas.

This year I have my show set up in the scheduler and I starts just fine but then after about 30mins to 40mins the lights start to skip and drag behind. A simple reset of the program solves the problem but it is a pain having to watch the show. It is never the same song that does it either just depends on the time.

By skip I mean the song will be playing and you can hear the music but the lights arent working then they flash then catch up and continue to work for a few minutes.

If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
CMurray
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 8:09am
Update to ver 1.069
Update controller firmware to Ver 2.0 for ACx8s, and bare minimum Ver1.14 (do NOT use 1.19) for ACx16s.

cmurray View Drop Down

Quote cmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 4:36pm

I have 1.068 for Aurora and when I try to update from the download page the link that says 1.069 downloads the 1.068 zip file. Is there another download location for the newest version and I am using Ver1.17 on all my DCX16 controllers and don't plan on updating to the Ver1.19 until D-Light gets all the kinks worked out with that one yet.

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 5:27pm
The firmware update for DCx16s has been out for almost a year. I think its safe to use.

As for the bad(?) link to 1.069, hopefully that will get rectified soon.

cmurray View Drop Down

Quote cmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 5:33pm
Sorry thats my bad I had DCX16 on the brain as I am having problems with it. I Am using all ACX16 in the show until I get the DCX16 fixed. The ACX16 are running Ver1.17 and I don't want to risk the update to Ver1.19 that just came out. That is my fault.

Have others seen a problem with the Aurora 1.068 will the new update fix the problems I am having?
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 6:08pm

what speed is your network? i had a similar glitch in one song and i just increased the network speed to 115200 and it smoothed it nicely

"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
cmurray View Drop Down

Quote cmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 6:18pm
I am running at 56700 I will try and up it to 115200 tonight and hope that helps
 Post Reply Post Reply