lightorama or D-light?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lightorama or D-light?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 5:16pm
I was wondering if Lightorama works better than D-light when using Aurora or are they about the same because I will be buying one or the other soon.
Jeff

peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 9:00am
I haven't used LOR products, but essentially from the messages I've read they are pretty much the same hardware wise.

D-light H/W is lower cost and has been working just fine with Aurora for me. I'm running 3 x AC16's and they worked flawlessly for a month with Aurora over the Christmas period, so I'd recommend D-light H/W.
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 4:47pm
Thank You for replying, You saved me some money because D-light is much cheaper and this year will be my 1st computerized christmas so I was not sure which one I should go with.
Jeff

peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 8:06am
Your welcome
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 4:04pm
This being my first year with real computer control (Mr. Christmas this past year doesn't count) I opt'd for the D-Light equipment. My first purchase was a Platnium Plus unit which gives me the model for all the rest I planned to build from the Silver units. I've built 4 of them so far and so long as you can handle a soldering iron it's fairly straight forward. I just can't get the knack of using the Spectrum software and Aurora has been a pleasure and enjoyment to use. It's got to be great when the actual release is published. I'm sequencing and controlling 80 channels (so far only 80) and from the testing I've been doing my completed sequences are working great. 
 Post Reply Post Reply