Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Scheduler crashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dynawg View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler crashes
    Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 10:35pm
This year (for the first time) I've had unexpected scheduler shut downs.

Always at different times during the show, and always different songs.

Here is the latest from the log file.

Aurora Error Encountered at 9/20/2010 8:12:33 PM
Debugging Information:
339: Component '' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Refresh Grid  
AuroraSequencer

Aurora Error Encountered at 9/20/2010 8:12:36 PM
Debugging Information:
339: Component '' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
frmMain Loaded  
AuroraSequencer

System is WinXP - version is 69.. (or the scheduler shows 68)

D-lights hardware (ac16 & fireflies)

Still running 1.17 and 2.0 firmware.  (Hard to think it's a firmware issue though.)

Any ideas where I should start looking?  Is another piece of software running in the background starting up and interfering?

Many Thanks!
Bob P.
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 2:01pm
I think I had that in the past.

Are all your songs in .wav  format?

I think when I changed them to .wavs that fixed it for me. something with the conversion if I recall correctly.

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
dynawg View Drop Down

Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 3:31pm
I just double checked, and yes, all are .wav files.

Last night the crash occurred towards the end of the third loop of the show.  Aren't all conversions done and cached before the scheduler starts?

If it happens again, I'll try to get the error message that displays on the screen.  (I haven't caught it before because I'm having to do the ctl-alt-del method to close the program as well.)

Thanks for the advice!
Bob
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 3:54pm
is you screen completely blacked out during the time that your scheduled show is actively running? 

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
dynawg View Drop Down

Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 4:07pm
Yes. 

I did see another post today that mentions double clicking the window.  I'll try that tonight.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 6:39pm
Delete Borealis.dat.  It's in the Show folder.  (The file will be regenerated.)
~Jonathan
dynawg View Drop Down

Quote dynawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 10:43pm
Well, the double click does minimize the video screen, giving access to the scheduler screen, allowing a 'proper' shutdown.

And....  The show ran perfectly tonight.  (of course it has for several nights in a row in the past week as well.)

I did make one 'shift' in the system tonight, and we'll see what happens in the following nights.

And I'll say again, thank you all for your help!

Cheers!
Bob P
dylanwalker View Drop Down

Quote dylanwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 11:43pm
I am getting the same scheduler crashes (on win7 x64) and error messages that dynawg was getting in the log file about a missing component. I upgraded to 1.0.90 from 1.0.69 (using the full uninstall/reboot/new version install/reboot method) to avoid late night lights going on after all schedules had been completed. Was anyone experiencing this issue able to resolve it? I've tried re-booting and running the scheduler clean after deleting the borealis.dat file in the /show/ directory, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm using .wav files for my sound. I don't have any video and I don't get the old blanked screen (so there's nothing to double click), but I've tried running it with the scheduler window active or minimized and it doesn't make a difference. I've also tried running a "repair install" from the aurora installer and rebooting. Is pre-1.0.69 the only stable and dependable scheduler that doesn't lead to phantom lights turning on?

I'm all for exploring dmx in the future, but right now, I can't even get a scheduled light show on a single controller to run with any regularity without strange issues. I can't see investing more money into future versions of aurora if I can't depend on it to run my show.

Edited by dylanwalker - 19 Dec 2011 at 11:45pm
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:38am
Error 339 is almost always a bad installation.  Those experiencing error 339 about component registration should do a complete reinstall of Aurora.  Follow this procedure exactly:

0) Backup all sequences

1) From the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs (not from the Aurora uninstaller), remove every copy of Aurora that shows up there.

2) Reboot

3) Install the latest version of Aurora

4) Reboot again

The two reboot steps are necessary to prevent the Windows MSI installer cache from "protecting" old files that it incorrectly thinks should still be present.  Failure to follow these steps results in Aurora functioning with a crazy mix of components from its various versions.  Even when it works the behavior can be unpredictable.  Error 339 can happen when Aurora needs something that a newer version of the component provides, but the installer pulled a "protection" switch and forced the old version to persist. 

The only other condition of error 339 is when another software product has switched out an Aurora third party dependency with an older version (such as videoedit.ocx, etc.).

The good news is that error 339 will be a thing of the past once we roll out the next version.  The MSI installer is going away in favor of a registration free installation (completely portable, can even run from a USB drive without installation).  Before public release we will be fixing the errors surrounding file format conversions that have been the big issue this season.

As for the midnight show start bug, even if you roll back to a pre-69 version that used to not do this, you will find that it does now.  This bug began when a Windows Update altered a Windows API in a way that broke Aurora.  I highly do not recommend running older versions of Aurora as not only do they not contain this bug fix, they also are not stable with modern firmware releases and do not contain fixes for bugs which led to data corruption.

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 20 Dec 2011 at 7:48am
dylanwalker View Drop Down

Quote dylanwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 10:43pm
LightsOnLogan,

I followed your advice and did a complete uninstall through the control panel, reboot, complete reinstall, reboot. I still get scheduler crashes, regardless of whether I select VCP engine or D2XX. (With D2XX, though my fade-ons are not working correctly and instead appear as full ons). I also don't see the ordinary log file anymore after crashes (only a log file that relates to D2XX). There doesn't seem to be any information relating to the log file.

I tested running my sequence on loop directly from aurora sequencer and it runs indefinitely without any problems. How can I track down why the scheduler is crashing and resolve it?

By the way, in case this is relevant, I am not using the most recent 1.20beta d-light firmware, as this resulted in funny behavior for channels being ignored or stuck on even if I set the register 40 value to 1 as recommended by d-light.

thanks,

Dylan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>