Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Play a portion of show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newbe View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote newbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Play a portion of show
    Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 3:51pm

Is there a way to play a short section of a song when writing a sequence rather than loop through the entire song?

This would make it much easier to sequence the lights.

Thanks

peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 5:13pm
Yes there is.

Before you play back the portion of the sequence you want to play, highlight it by left clicking on the waveform at the top center of the screen (and holding down the left mouse key and dragging to the right), this will highlight the section you want to play back.

Then hit play and it will playback just the highlighted section.

newbe View Drop Down

Quote newbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 6:26pm
When I follow your directions the play starts at the beginning of the song and stops at the end the highlighted area.  The only way to get it to play again is to unhighlight the area then the song starts there and plays to the end of the song.

Any Help?

Thank you

peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2008 at 10:28am

Not sure what's going wrong with your playback. When you highlight the area you want to playback it should only playback the area highlighted.

breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 11:59am
I too have the same problem and tried to use the same suggestion and it does not work for me. I have to design a section then save it and reopen it , play from the start of the song and wait until the changed section comes along and then repeat the process all over again.
  I can't wait until the full program comes out and I will not have to do that anymore!
Jeff

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2008 at 9:49pm
newbe & breakbenj: What OS (XP, Vista, 32-bit, 64-bit, etc.) are you using?  Are you using the MSDXM or DirectShow setting in Playback Options?
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2008 at 3:14pm
I am using Vista and my settings for playback are MSDXM.
Jeff

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 11:30am
For Vista try the DirectShow setting... it should fix your problem.
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 3:46pm
Thank You Lights, Direct show worked pefectly.
Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply