Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Aurora 1.0.90 In DMX Mode
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

D-light USB Adapter to Lynx Express cable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crichter View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote crichter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-light USB Adapter to Lynx Express cable
    Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 8:46pm
Hi Jon,

Sorry for the delayed response, been kinda busy here.  I just tested output again and confirmed the channels were correct for me.    I had the following setup: PC--D-light USB--Lynx Express channels 1-16.  I also tested with the controller's start channel being 33.

-Curt
Curt
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 6:13am
Originally posted by crichter

I have created the following cable to test DMX output from Aurora using the D-light USB adapter to a Lynx Express controller with success.

crichter, in your testing, did you possibly have the Lynx controller respond as "One channel" off? That has been my experience with an unmodified D-Light USB adapter used as an Open DMX dongle. On one type of controller I own, the channel response was as 51 when it was set to be 50.

This was a 3-channel 12vdc controller. Reliably off by one.

If I used the Lynx DMX Dongle, it was correct.
JonB - D-Light user
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 5:20pm
I made a similar adapter cable but found that I needed to connect Pin 1 to Pin 5 and Pin 2 to Pin 4. I just used a short cable with an RJ-45 on one end and the other end's wires inserted into a Keystone Jack (made it easy to swap the wires when it didn't inially work)

Only then did it control.
JonB - D-Light user
crichter View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote crichter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 2:14pm
I have created the following cable to test DMX output from Aurora using the D-light USB adapter to a Lynx Express controller with success.

Basically it is a standard TIA/EIA-568B crimp on one end and then swapping pins 1 to 4 and 2 to 5 on the other.

Here is a link to a drawing of the cable:  http://www.lightsoncallaway.com/images/DMX_cable.gif

Note:  This may or not be the correct way to adapt the dongle to DMX and I am simply sharing this as my personal experience of success.  Use at your own risk.
Curt
 Post Reply Post Reply