Development has resumed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Development has resumed
    Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 3:04pm
Development on Aurora 1.1 has resumed.  At present we are looking at around mid-March for the release.  More details coming soon...

Michael
christmas 01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 3:58pm
thanks for the email michael ive recieved and unlocked my aurora software again! :D anyways back to programming for the next few months :) what sorts of things will you be looking at releasing in the next update? what extras are we likely to see, im still a big fan of aurora and as long as i am  able to hang lights i will stay stay a supporter for years to come :)
Many hands make christmas lights work
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 11:44am
Thanks Michael! I too remain loyal to Aurora. The little I've seen here looks very interesting.
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 5:04pm
For me, the copy and paste fiasco would be a seller. Having to wait just irratiates me to no end. Aurora is a good program and I am not about to change. Too much money involved in the whole hobby to jump ship again.

Sorry boyz, I ain't going nowhere!!!Big%20smile

compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 6:11pm
THX!  Look forward to the new release.

deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by BigDPS

For me, the copy and paste fiasco would be a seller. Having to wait just irratiates me to no end. Aurora is a good program and I am not about to change. Too much money involved in the whole hobby to jump ship again.

Sorry boyz, I ain't going nowhere!!!Big%20smile

Copy/paste is looking really good!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 9:00pm
Fixing copy/paste is the top priority for the next release.  We're presently looking at 2 to 3 orders of magnitude faster than before and the ability to copy/paste between copies of Aurora.

The second priority is putting an end to the installer issues that have been with us since the start of 1.0.  The goal is to have no more uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot nonsense.  No guarantees yet... but there is a strong possibility that 1.1 will be able to run directly from a thumb drive without any installation at all.

There are other things being considered and tested as well, but it is too early to tell which of them will make the 1.1 release.  There is a new long term plan in place, but we can't talk about that yet... the competition is listening!

Michael
compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 9:16pm
Any plans to fix the compatible problem with the D-Light ACx16 firmware v1.19 problem?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 9:50pm
compfire,

Maybe... I don't know if that fix will make the 1.1 release or not.  Until then, D-Light has a newer firmware with a setting available to restore Aurora compatibility.

Michael
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 5:36pm
Copying from one file to another? Do you mean Aurora can load more than two files at a time or would I have to open 2 Auroras in order to copy and paste between the two?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>