Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Renard Board support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ATController View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ATController Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Renard Board support
    Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 7:03pm
Are there any plans to include the "Renard" DIY boards in the program?  I would love to continue using Aurora and will even pay for a newer verision that will allow this.  If not then I may have to move to LSP.  The amount of channels the "Renard" board offers is more cost effective for me. 
Thanks,
Kevin

Edited by ATController - 27 Feb 2011 at 7:04pm
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 7:13pm
Wont Renard run on DMX?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 7:09am
I was told there is a firmware version for Renard controllers that allows it to be run using DMX. 
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
ATController View Drop Down

Quote ATController Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 7:10am
Yes, the Renard board does work with DMX.  My question is if anyone has used the D-light ac-16 boards and Renard boards using (DMX) in a mixed environment?  I understand you have to run two different networks.  However, how do the two different formats interact with each other while running a sequence?  Delays, missed on/off, dimming etc.

Thanks,
Kevin
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 7:31am
Actually, the DMX firmware for D-light acx16 was just finished not that long ago. The rest of their products should be covered shortly.  Since its so new, I am not sure how much single network testing has been done with mixed hardware, but I know there were guys here running DMX and D-light on split networks last year.  In just my testing with some DMX units  this spring on Aurora, it seems to work pretty well. Of course that was using the unsupported hack. I would definitely wait switching to any other software. 

I'll let Michael fill us all in on the future of DMX with Aurora. 
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 2:04pm
A D-Light board running the DMX firmware will easily coexist with any other board running DMX firmware and will happily work with Aurora 1.2 once it is released.

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply