Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Aurora 1.0.90 In DMX Mode
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Programming "RGB"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 2:51pm
When Aurora gets support for proper RGB we will provide better tools for handling the luminance channel.
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 4:23pm
Let me know how the hack goes.
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:05pm

Can't wait to see the new version with DMX on it Michael, it's going to be amazing. For now, I'm just going to hold the Luminance on full throughout the whole sequence.

Dewey, great to see you join the thread, I'll be trying to tonight, and I'll let you know what I find.

-Matt
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 8:02pm
Allllright,

Finally got to it after work today.

FOR DEWEYS HACK

When I bring the sequence in, under the Collumns where you should see the networks, and controllers, it shows a "-".  then when I go to "Load all" I am recieving this Error:

"Unhandled Exception has occured in your application. If you Click Continue..... (Explainig Quit will close program, continue will ignore, and continue.)

The Connection cannot be used to preform this opperation. It is either closed or invalid in this context."

Under The Details it says:

-------------------------------------------------
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0E7D): The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
   at AuroraData3.FileClass.Load(String FileName, FileType FileType)
   at Reconfig.cMainForm.LoadAll(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Reconfig
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///K:/Christmas%202011/Sequencer/ReconfigNov19/Reconfig.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4962 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you can help :)

-Matt

Edited by Phippers - 05 Oct 2011 at 8:04pm
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 7:30am
One more thing I thought I might add is that when I try to use the DMX Hack, it will pop up a window for a split second, then go away, and nothing happens. I would assume this would work once the error mentioned above is found out.

-Matt
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 10:34am
Oops sorry - didn't see this come in.

Are you just wanting to do the DMX Hack?  If so, no need to go through anything on the Config by Template tab:
* Select the DMX Hack tab.
* Click Browse and navigate to your sequences directory.
* Check the box next to a sequence you'd like to convert to DMX.
* Settings: 
  - Change network __ to DMX Network __  <-- this changes the network to another value, for Aurora DMX, the TO value should be 32. 
  - Event spacing <-- this is the value for the DMX update frequency.  I've always left this at 50.  It affects how the values are calculated, ie, if you have a fade out ramp, it will recalculate the values every 50 ms.
* Click Process. 

A new file should be generated named DMXHack_[originalfilename.dls].  It won't overwrite your original file, but now's a good time to make sure you have a backup on another computer anyway.  :)
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 2:23pm
Allright, so after a little trial and error, I seem to have possibly found a winning combination.

For some reason, the DMX Hack did not work on Windows 7. It would bring up the screen after you hit process for a split second, and then dissapear. So, I put the file, and the hack on a flash drive, and put it on an old laptop that had xp on it. That seemed to work. After taking all night to process, I tried it, and Nothing. Then after another frustrating day of trial and error, I got the lights to behave real well without the hack. Then, last night I exported it, and I saw it right before I left for work, and it Processed. Excited to get home, and see if it worked!

-Matt
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 6:06pm
It still does not seem to be working (The Hack). Can I send you my Sequences, and see what you can decifer?
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 10:09pm
Yes please.  Send me a problem sequence - deweycooter at gmail.  I'll assume I can follow the steps I outlined in order to reproduce the error - let me know what values you used for networks and timing.

It shouldn't take real long to process.  I don't remember how long to expect, but I didn't think it was more than a few minutes.

If you've ever done a W2E event, that's what a ramp will look like once it's been ran thru DMX Hack - a timing mark at the beginning and end, and distinct shades in the span of the event representing the different intensity values.

I don't think I've used Win7 with it yet.  Looks like I need to get some stuff ironed out yet...

Edited by deweycooter - 13 Oct 2011 at 10:10pm
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 10:11pm
One more Note. I found on Windows 7, you have to "Run as Administrator", then the screen will stay up. I'm having problems now where it will stick on a certain event, and not process it. I'll send you it now. thanks again!

Edited by Phippers - 13 Oct 2011 at 10:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>