Need 2 songs..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 6:52am
You're welcome to any of my sequences if you want them - http://www.keenlights.info
May not be all that difficult to adapty them to a lower channel count.
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 8:35am
I could only find my modified version and a 600ch sequence is probably a little more than a beginner needs to learn from.
I checked over at the Aurora Fileswappers yahoo board and the cleaned up original version is located there:

as well as a lot of other sequences that can help you get started.

Holding breath for DMX.
xxkasperxx View Drop Down

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 2:59pm
i have check it out, and they are all ment for more channels and it seems hard to "downgrade" them. I am willing to make the 2 more shows i just need 1 more song
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 8:39pm
I think I put a high channel count WIW on the swapping forum some years ago (if it is not there then PM me and I will send it to you).  Although it is set up for 200+ channels, it was originally written for 64 and expanded throughout the years.  In reality the essential elements (tree sweep - 5 channels, house drum line - 4 channels, most mini effects are in groups of 6) could easily be reduced to 16 channels.  You could just about renumber the useful channels to your controller ID and ignore the rest.  The rest is just icing on the cake (nonessential fluff that looks cool).

I'm mixed in opinion of WIW.  It has been done so much that it really feels unoriginal, but it is the one song everyone looks forward to in the display every year and cheers on.  People come just to see that one song!  So, I leave it in there every year.

Michael

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 10:15pm
so for my last song, is there anything that would draw more attention than others?
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 6:01am
I also like Music Box Dancer. Lots of action.

Holding breath for DMX.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:28am
I have purposely never done WIW for the very reasons LightsOnLogan describes.  That's what everyone else does, and well,  I'm not everyone else.  I do have a few other TSO songs.  I'm adding Nutrocker this year, and hopefully the Beethoven's Requiem as well.  TSO lends itself quite well for what we do.  I agree about Music Box Dancer (by DJ Swede - you can get it from Amazon Music).  I may bring that one back this year. 
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 2:16pm
I had done DJ Santa from scratch and it always is a crowd favorite. Right now this year, I'm adding Santa Claus is Back in Town by Elvis. It has a few booms and bams here and there and should prove to be interesting.

Basically, it all comes down to this: Create a sequence that will have lots of flashes, beats, twirls and so on. That's what people like. Last year, people just loved seeing the way the mega trees gave the impression they were turning on the spot.

I had done White Christmas from Bing one year and never put in on ever after. It was a slow death just to sequence and worst in looking/listening to it.

One more thing: Try to get a song that no one has ever done. Yes it is a lot of work to sequence from scratch since you have no idea where the beats are but the originality of your song will prove to be something out of this world. Nobody had ever heard the song "Wouldn't it be fun to be Santa Claus's Son" from Spike Jones. I never saw it done until I did it myself. This year, if time permits, I'd like to do "The Sombrero that I got for Christmas is too beeeg" from Mel Blanc... LOL

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 7:22pm
okay, quick question how do you make the mega trees look like they are spinning?
Nightowlz1966 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Nightowlz1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 6:30am
Sandstorm is a good song to sequence I will be doing it this year myself.
Brian FlandersI thought I had More Extension Cords
Christmas On The Creek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>