Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

scheduler ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
xxkasperxx View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 5:59pm
I only have one monitor, and have checked in the options of my Colo so it only displays on my one monitor
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 12:03am
I am having the same problems with Scheduler too.  I am using sequences that I used last year and am getting the same problem...black screen when the scheduler starts.  Last year I could do other tasks on the computer while scheduler was running...I am wondering if it is related to Windows 7.  I am using a new computer this year than last year and that is the only thing that has changed that I can think of...well Win7 64 bit vs. last year on vista 32 bit so 64 vs 32 is also the other difference.  Any additional thoughts?  Anyone else running a show on Win7 64 without the black screen?  So I can at least eliminate that?
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 12:13am
One more thing that may have changed from last year to this year is the software possibly.  With the new computer I just downloaded the program and used the free license vs. the original version i had...more than likely I was using an older version of the program because last year I never updated and the year before I was unable to do a show so really last year I was running aurora from 3 years ago when it first came out.
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 12:32am
Sorry, I am having a conversation by myself but hopefully this will help others as I am literally troubleshooting this right now and talking/typing out loud.  So I was able to find on an external hard drive a back up of my old computer files.  I uninstalled Aurora and loaded up an old version of it and viola now the "black screen of inability to use my computer while scheduler is running" has disappeared.  I loaded up a few songs into scheduler and pressed start and unlike before, the show started but my screen did not black out and in fact the show is still running right now while I am on the internet typing this.  So I have to think it is something in the software that was changed that makes the screen go black during playback.  When the screen goes black the show still runs and the lights outside the house are fine(that is what I ended up doing for halloween show) but I just was getting frustrated with the loss of using my computer when the show was running.

So the old version that I installed said 1.0. build 32(scheduler).  This is the version that works fine.
The version that shows the black screen is the current version out 1.0 build 68(scheduler). 
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 11:29am
If you have a video card which supports multiple monitors, then assign the video output to the other monitor port.  This will move the blackout to your other (unused) monitor port. 

For whatever reason Aurora is detecting a video in one of your sequences (possibly incorrectly) and this is causing Aurora to enable the video blackout functionality.

Alternatively, you could try this unofficial version of Aurora:

http://aurorashow.com/downloads/aurora_1_0_90.zip

Although its focus is an unsupported hack for DMX, there are a couple video related bug fixes in the version which might improve your blackout functionality.  As always, fully uninstall all versions from Add Remove Programs and reboot before installing the update.  Reboot again after the installation and before starting Aurora.

I highly do not recommend running any version of Aurora older than 1.0.69 in a production environment.

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 07 Nov 2011 at 11:30am
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 1:54pm
FYI:  Michael is not kidding about the uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot sequence.  I know the temptation exists to ignore that and "hope for the best" in order to save a couple of minutes of reboot time and avoid the inconvenience of reopening all your other applications that were already open before you upgrade, but don't do it.  While unlikely (yet still possible), if anyone does experience an issue after the upgrade, the "Did you properly reboot?" question will be the first one asked, and if the answer is a sheepish "Well, no", then you will be directed to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot, so you all might as well just get it out of the way now.  Not that anyone here would ever do that.  Wink

More generally, if you have ever experienced "phantom shows" where your display turns on for no reason at midnight, install this update to correct that as well. 

Finally, in anticipation of the question, "What is seamless mode?", which is a newer feature not found in Borealis Scheduler v1.0.69, seamless mode allows you to have your computer preload all the show files at the very beginning of the show so that each sequence plays immediately after the previous one ends instead of loading them up one at a time like v1.0.69 does and thus having to wait a few seconds for the next sequence to begin.  The time it will take to pre-load the sequences depends on the number and complexity of each sequence in your show.  Last year, it took my system about 3 minutes to load it all up and begin playing, but I have fairly high event intensive sequences with several hundred channels, so your load time should be less.  Even if your v1.0.69 Scheduler runs just fine, I think it's worth upgrading just for this feature alone.  

Finally, as always, remember to back up your sequences first before performing ANY upgrade. 

Edited by Jonathan - 07 Nov 2011 at 1:58pm
~Jonathan
Nightowlz1966 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Nightowlz1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:13am
As I have found in dealing with any software on a MICROSOFT operating system I go one step more.
(make backups of sequences)
Uninstall Software
Delete the folder
Then Reboot
Make Restore Point
Then Reinstall the software
Then reboot again.
Brian FlandersI thought I had More Extension Cords
Christmas On The Creek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12