Firmware Ver 1.17 or 1.20 for ACX16 Controllers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
searayovernighter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote searayovernighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firmware Ver 1.17 or 1.20 for ACX16 Controllers
    Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:06am
I upgraded the firmware on 2 of my ACX16 controllers from version 1.17 to 1.20.  After I flashed it, I set the EPPROM 40 to 1 using the hardware utility.  Cycled on and off and reset the ID numbers...no problems.  Using aurora show version 1.0 build 69.

Running side by side test using 2 arches as a visual reference, it looks like version 1.20. has a little flicker as it ramps up and down as compared to version 1.17.  It also seemed to drop one of the channels during one of my test.

What works best...firmware version 1.17 or version 1.20?   Thanks ahead for informed feedback.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 11:17am
Ran 1.20 all last season and saw an improvement in reliability. This was using incans, however. Your actual mileage with LEDs I cannot vouch for.

searayovernighter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote searayovernighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 2:40pm
Not sure what incans is?  Thanks
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 3:39pm
^ Incandescent strands.  I ran a mix of v1.20 and v1.17.  I had better performance with v1.20 and I do run all LED's.  In fact, I think just about everyone had better performance with v1.20 over prior firmware versions last year (certainly better than v1.19, which is what v1.20 is without the EEPROM hack).  It's interesting that this year a few issues have cropped up.  I'm wondering if there was maybe a NET Framework or FTDI or some other random Windows update that happened between then and now that is causing the firmware to behave differently this year, or if the odd incidents are just happening right now all on their own are isolated incidents. 
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:21pm
This year for Halloween, we ran incandescent lights. We updated our boxes to 1.20 from 1.16 and had nothing but problems. Went back to 1.16 and everything was OK. I guess it will be a trail and error for you to decide which version is best.

Post Reply Post Reply