Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Win 7 64 bit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wendyandjason View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wendyandjason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win 7 64 bit
    Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 10:19pm
I have a couple of questions:

I was using aurora last year on my laptop that had an XP 32 bit system and didn't have any issues. That computer recently crashed into a big ball of flames with all of my shows for this year. I now have a 64 bit computer with Win 7. I installed 1.0.69 from the web site and everytime I open aurora now it crashes. I installed aurora in Program Files (x86) for 32 bit programs on a 64 bit system. I also tried to open Aurora Debug and it crashes also. I can open the scheduler program (didn't try to schedule a program since I have nothing to schedule). Can you tell me if Aurora is possibly crashing because of the 64 bit system, Win 7, or something else?

Another question I have is since my old computer crashed with my registration code is it possible to have it resent to me via email so I can re-register the software once I get it up and running again?

Also how do you become a beta user?

I hope everybody has great success lighting the holiday season!

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 9:44am
Aurora does successfully operate on Windows 7 (64 bit), so it will be something else that is causing your issues.  Let us know what the error code says and if it was generated by Aurora or Windows.  A critical step of the installation process are reboots.  If upgrading, a reboot is required both before and after the upgrade process.  On a new system like yours, a reboot after installation should be fine.  Assuming you've already done that and are still having issues, let's first make sure your system is up to speed with all the necessary components that drive your show (like FTDI drivers, the arcane NET Framework, or maybe registering MSCOMM32, that kind of thing).  If the HW Utility successfully controls your lights, you are probably ok in this regard. 

As for your other queires, you will need to PM LightsOnLogan.  Michael can send you your registration code again (don't use the freeware code as it locks you out of future upgrades).  If there is still room in the Level Two Beta group, he can add you there as well. 
~Jonathan
wendyandjason View Drop Down

Quote wendyandjason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 8:39pm
Thanks for the help!
Thanks for letting me know that Aurora will run on Win 7 and 64 bit. Because of this I installed the program in the regular Programs folder instead of Programs (x86) folder for 32 bit systems. Aurora openned up and then crashed but windows automatically added a compatability solution to it and when I restarted Aurora again it openned up just fine and appears to be running correctly.
I don't know if changing folders solved my issue or if it was because I made a posting and the program had to make a liar out of me. LOL Now I just need to get my registration code and I'll be back up and running! Clap

Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply