Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora in DEBUG mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nikkinscot View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nikkinscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora in DEBUG mode
    Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 8:54pm
I am freaking out man. My aurora for some reason is saying it is running in debug mode. How do I get it back to normal. It is a pc with windows xp service pack 3. HEEEEEEEEEELP! I can open files and work on them but I am worried it is going to crash on me during crucial run times.
www.GeorgetownHolidays.com
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 7:05am
Try starting Aurora from its parent folder rather than the shortcut icon and see what happens.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 8:14am
Debug mode is a tool that is used to help the developer (Michael) trace bugs that cannot be solved through normal troubleshooting methods.  Running in debug mode doesn't harm anything, but it does slow the system down as it collects the extra data.  As such, it is not recommended to run in this mode for extended periods of time. 

If closing Aurora and reopening it from the parent folder still results in debug mode activating, then you'll have to open up the task manager and close out any instances of Aurora Sequencer or Borealis Scheduler that are running (or just reboot), and then open up Aurora from the parent folder.
~Jonathan
nikkinscot View Drop Down

Quote nikkinscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 11:55pm
It seemed to do the trick. Fingers crossed when it comes time to run show. Thanks gang for the help
www.GeorgetownHolidays.com
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 7:08am
That indicates your desktop shortcut has been messed with. Delete it and create a new one for easier use.

polarass07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 9:25pm
I have got this same problem. I cant even get the schedular to open in the debug mode, so  i tried to open it from a parent folder. That worked a few times but that has stopped working as well.....  Please help!

Thanks, Les
 Post Reply Post Reply