Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Aurora 1.0.90 In DMX Mode
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora 1.0.90 Patch for 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora 1.0.90 Patch for 2011
    Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 11:32am
A patch is available for Aurora 1.0.90 for the 2011 season.  This patch includes:

- Timing performance updates for DMX
- A diagnostics web server (use your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to test channels over Wi-Fi)
- A Transmogrifier (convert sequences containing ramp, shimmer, twinkle, etc. into DMX compatible format).  See the transmogrifier thread for more information on this program.

To install the 2011 update, follow these instructions.

0) A working copy of 1.0.90 is required.  You should NOT uninstall 1.0.90 before applying this update patch (these instructions are different than most updates)

1) Download:
http://www.aurorashow.com/downloads/Aurora90DMXPatch.zip

2) Extract into your Aurora Sequencer directory

3) From your Aurora Sequencer folder, open the program Setup_DMXPatch2011_11_21_001.exe
(Vista and Win7 will need to right click and "Run as Admin")

4) Reboot

You should now have new start menu icons for "DMX Aurora Scheduler (2011 patched)" and "Aurora DMX Transmogrifier".  You may also have these new shortcuts on your desktop.  Using "DMX Aurora Scheduler (2011 patched)" will open the Borealis Scheduler with the newly patched capabilities.

Notes: Only the scheduler is patched, so if you "send to lights" from the sequencer or start the old scheduler then it is possible that the old DMX hack may start up thus blocking Borealis from starting the new one.  The easiest way to prevent this is by starting the web diagnostics program before starting Aurora sequencer or the Borealis scheduler (if the web diagnostics detects the old DMX version running then it will kill it and start the new version).

The web diagnostics is exactly what it says.  It starts a micro web server on your computer which you can browse to.  It is bare bones simple right now... type a DMX channel in on the keypad buttons (large and friendly for smartphones) and hit "Enter".  That channel is locked at 255 (full on) until you hit "Clear".  This is useful for testing lights and it will work while a show is actively running or not.

If you need to start the web server on a port other than port 80 (maybe you already have a web server running on the PC), then start the server with the port number in the command line argument.  (e.g. AuroraWebDiagnostics.exe 8080)

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 21 Nov 2011 at 11:33am
Nightowlz1966 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Nightowlz1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 1:28pm
Ok Michael when i tried to extract to my aurora seq folder it tells me i can't extract it there.
Brian FlandersI thought I had More Extension Cords
Christmas On The Creek
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:27pm
I got a transmogrifier link on my desktop, but when i try to open, i get a run-time error: 76, path not found.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 10:44pm
deweycooter,

I will look at this soon.  I suspect it isn't finding a stored remap table and instead of creating a new default (empty) one it is erroring out. 

Since you have programming tools, you can find out if this is the issue by creating a 30720 byte file filled with binary zeros and save it in the directory as as device_remap_nd.dat

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 24 Nov 2011 at 10:45pm
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 9:04pm
Created the file - got the same error.  Ran ProcMon to see if it would show me what file it was trying to find, but I didn't see anything there.  :(
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 10:42am
PM sent
 Post Reply Post Reply