Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

starts but wont end?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
xxkasperxx View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: starts but wont end?!?!
    Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 11:08pm
My schedular starts the show at the time i have told it, however it doest not turn my lights off after the show if over.. i have a 30 sec silence with all lights on for when my show isn't on, and my show is supposed to turn the lights off at 9pm, but the lights just stay on.. How can i fix this?
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:22am
The Borealis scheduler should complete the currently playing song and then stop the show at the scheduled time.  What times are you using in your schedule?

Michael
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:33am
If you are seeing lights remaining on after the show is over, the easiest way to deal with this is to create a second "show" (for 15 minutes) to begin right after the first show ends.  You then simply program a blank sequence with no lights on. 

I actually programmed an announcement with my show times and I use that for the cars that miss my same closing announcement (but with lights on), however, an audio file consisting of silence also works just as easily. 

The first show will complete before the scond show starts, even when the first show runs past the start time of the second.
~Jonathan

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:40am
i am running the lights from 6pm to 9pm, with 30 sec repeating silence if that helps at all?
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:53am
For your show end, are you having Borealis play through the entire playlist, or just ending on the current sequence?
~Jonathan

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:57am
i have the 30 sec silence in the "loop" section
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:56am

Your "show end behavior" is how Aurora finishes playing your show.  There are two options, both found under Playback Settings.  The first (and default) option is to finish playing the current song and then end the show as close to the end time as possible.  The other option is to finish up the playlist, and then end the show, even if it makes the show run a little late. 

You could try switching from one setting to the other to see if it makes any difference.
~Jonathan

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 6:53pm
no matter what i do, the screen just blinks black like 5000000 times.. i double click to get back to  Borealis .. and thne have to click stop like 20 times before it turns off... How can i just get the lights to turn off after my 30 sec silence goes for 2 hrs?
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 7:35am
1) A couple quick questions... do you have the silence audio/video file on your show computer?  Did you browse to it if Borealis asked you to when setting up the show?

2) Did you use the unsupported method to keep lights on between sequences (e.g. zooming out and editing the intensity after the grid)?  If so, then this will hang the lights in that state after the show ends.  To get around this you either have to not use that method (which may create a blink between sequence iterations), or you need to create an additional "close sequence" with everything at zero intensity (to clear out what you did with the unsupported method) and place it in the show closing slot.

Michael

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:59am
1.) I have my volume playing on my laptop, Borealis never asks me to browse

2.) I have crated a close sequence, it is 3 mins of silence and lights off. I put it in the slot under "Loops" where it runs once after the show, but the lights still never turn off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>