starts but wont end?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 11:14am
Open up the 3 minutes silence sequence in Aurora that you are looping.  Press the end key to go to the end of the sequence.  Now press Page Down a few times to scroll past the end of the sequence.  Do you see any commands to the right of that last event marker line? 

If so, delete them all and resave the sequence.

If not, go to the folder containing the audio file.  By default, it will be under C:\Program Files\Aurora Sequencer\Audio.  Move that audio file somewhere else.  Now, open up Borealis, open up the show, and hit Save.  Borealis will now ask you to provide the location of the audio file.  Browse to it, and let it extract.  So we are clear, you are using a .wav file, yes?

Finally, if you are using a "show end" sequence, place it in the loop section and see if it associates any audio.  If not, then the file is fine and can be removed from the loop section.  If so, then after it associates, you can remove it from the loop section and it will play correctly at the end of the night.
~Jonathan
xxkasperxx View Drop Down

Quote xxkasperxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 9:38pm
so i got the lights to turn on and off when i want them to, however the sequence i use is 3 mins long, but every 3 mins they turn off and then on. Is there anyway i can fix this to where they stay on constant?
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 8:30am
Yes.  There is an undocumented (and thus unsupported) feature that allows the lights to stay on past the end of the sequence.  Basically, do the opposite of what I mention above.  Open up the sequence, hit the end key, press Page Down a few times to scroll out past the sequence, and then simply add an intensity command. 

The downside of this is that you will need a show end sequence to turn off all the lights or they will stay on into perpetuity.  I recommend using a show over announcement sequence for that purpose, but a blank audio file works just as well. 

To ensure that the audio for that show closing sequence correctly is associated, first add it to the loop.  If Borealis asks for the location of the audio, then let it associate it.  If it doesn't ask for the location of the audio, then you are fine and it can be removed from the loop and placed into the end of show spot. 
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12