aurora dmx help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fireman2028 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fireman2028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aurora dmx help?
    Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 5:55pm
Hey yall i am trying to figure out why i am getting the error

2147024893:The system cannot find the specified path.
Aurora Schedular Intialize.0
Aurora Schedular initialze.5

I started getting this when i download the Dmx version to upgrade the aurora software to work with my controllers. If i open in the regular schedular from aurora it works fine but not the Dmx version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 10:53am
Just to be clear:

1) You have Aurora build 90 installed
2) You have also installed the 2011 patch
3) You can open the original build 90 scheduler ("Aurora Scheduler")
4) You cannot open the DMX patched scheduler ("DMX Aurora Scheduler (2011 Patched)")
5) The error you receive is a path error during startup (not sometime after the program is working for a while)

I just want to be clear to make sure I am chasing down the correct problem.

If all of the above are correct and you are running on Vista or 7, try editing the shortcut properties to "run as admin".  The scheduler needs to read/write a configuration file within its application directory and UAC frowns on this sometimes.

Michael
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fireman2028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:06pm
I have installed everything that you mentioned there, and I also ran it as a admin, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling just to make sure.The error path is during start up, and the patched scheduler is what i am unable to open. So any help would be greatly appreciate it. I am using windows 7 with it.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:07pm
Literally the only binary differences between the 1.0.90 original and 1.0.90 patched schedulers is that one contains the string "AuroraDMXHack.exe" and the other "AuroraOpenDMX.exe" for the DMX server to start for handling the DMX network.  Otherwise they are binary identical (the patch was actially built by hex altering the original executable to change this one and only string).  The real code changes take place in the different child exes.  I can guarantee no different paths are accessed during startup by the two schedulers.

This means that only three possibilities remain:

1) The patch was installed from the wrong place (did you unzip the patch files into the same folder as Aurora 90 and run the installer from within that folder? [it will not work if run from a download folder])

2) Windows or and antivirus is blocking the new executable from doing something it needs to.

3) You have the Borealis auto-start option configured and AuroraOpenDMX.exe is missing (or installed in the wrong place -- see #1).  Please verify that your Aurora folder contains the AuroraOpenDMX.exe file.

Michael
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fireman2028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:18pm
Hey Thanks for the help, I realized i had the program installed in the wrong spot, i was installing it on my desktop and tryin to run from there and it wouldn't run.

Thank you for the help
 Post Reply Post Reply