Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > 0.3 Pre-Release
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedError on paste event...

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Location: Easton,PA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 380
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 7:37am
For some reason I have 1 sequence that when I mistakenly pasted past the end, the sequence was extended by about 2 minutes. The result is about 2 minutes of silence. Nothing I seem to do will remove the empty space. Tried clipping a second off the mp3 - and reloading the clipped mp3. It removes the dead space but then timing is way off throughout the entire sequence.. Tried reloading same mp3 - no change and dead space remains(didn't try deleting any cache perhaps and reloading same mp3). Tried adding to the mp3 - some voice over announcement type stuff to perhaps use the dead space that somehow got added . Timing still off but it's closer and perhaps salvagable (alot of time put into the sequence and hate to have to start over).  Since it seems as if length is somehow calculated from the AV file it might be nice if I could somehow find the end point setting within the sequence, if there is one, and manually zap the sequence to adjust the end point. Haven't been able to reproduce what caused the extended length.
MP3 file I'm using is one that would not load in 0.2.0 and now works fine in 0.3.0
MORE (since original post) - I did try deleting the cache and allowing it to recreate - the .mp3 file is 5:11 in length. The resulting cache .wav file is 7:55 in length.. Appears as if the conversion process is adding the dead space on the end.
Update: Problem solved - Don't know why it happened but was able to get correct length and maintain sync.  Took cache sound file (.wav) and using Roxio editor clipped the dead silence off it and saved under new name. Then properties in sequence and pointed at the clipped .wav file and all is well.  Still doesn't explain how the 2 minutes of silence got added at the end when running through the conversion Aurora must be doing - Roxio and Mconversion doesn't add the silence - but it's only happening with 1 particular sound file in any sound file format I tried. Clipping a copy of the cached file and using the clipped copy did the trick. Aurora still did the cache conversion and this time everything was fine. 

Edited by bdkeen - 10 Apr 2008 at 2:04pm
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.06
Copyright ©2001-2007 Web Wiz

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.