Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

7: Out of memory error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dwduckie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dwduckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7: Out of memory error
    Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 12:25am
K, got an issue...
I have been getting the following error:
Aurora has encountered an error and will reset
7: Out of memory error
Tool Select
AuroraSequencer

I usually find this when attempting to ramp.

Also noticed that I cannot ramp from channels 1-8 and light any channel from 9-16 at the same time or vice versa using any time length of ramp. Doing this will cause the lit channel to turn off until the ramp is completed and the channel is sent another light command.

I can do this in the D-Light Hardware utility however.

Here is what I have:
P4 processor
2GB RAM
Windows XP
Aurora version 1.0 build 41
D-light ACx16 firmware v1.20 (also used v1.16 and v1.19 to no avail)

Please let me know if anyone has a fix for this! Thanks in advance!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 7:39am
The obvious fix is to upgrade to the latest version of Aurora. http://www.aurorashow.com/download.asp

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:07am
A) You need to upgrade your version of Aurora.  Please be sure to uninstall your version from Add/Remove Programs, then reboot, then install the latest version, then reboot again, then use Aurora.  Yes, I know the reboots are a pain, but there is a known issue where files from the old version can replace the new version if this procedure is not followed.

B) When using 1.20 firmware, you must apply an EEPROM setting in HWUtil for Aurora compatibility (D-Light can help you find this setting).  The problem you describe (one bank of channels turning off when a command is sent to the other bank) is exactly what happens if the EEPROM setting has not been applied.

Michael
dwduckie View Drop Down

Quote dwduckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 9:05am
Ok, upgraded to version 1.0.90 rebooting after removing the old version, and then rebooting after installing new version. Changed the setting in the EEPROM (setting 40 changed from 0 to 1). Rebooted controller. Also tried changing the settings in the EEPROM listed at http://www.d-light.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74:i-have-channels-that-flicker-or-stay-on-what-can-i-do&catid=7&Itemid=73. I haven't received the out of memory error, but I still have the problem with the banks. Is there anything else you can suggest? I really appreciate y'alls help on this!
dwduckie View Drop Down

Quote dwduckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:09am
Oh and I am really enjoying the new version! Much more stable and definately much faster than the old! Very good job!  Clap This is cutting my sequencing time in half at least! Y'all are awesome!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:50am
Only thing that comes to mind at the moment is to make certain you have the Com port set up correctly in Aurora, and that the "Net"s match in both the config and in the sequence(s).

dwduckie View Drop Down

Quote dwduckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 6:31pm
Yep running off of COM 3 in the hwutil, have net 1 mapped to COM 3 at 115000, and have the network segment as 2 in both the hwutil and the Aurora channels.

All of the channels work correctly, except when I attempt to ramp any channel on bank 1 and light any channel on bank 2 (or vice versa), at which time the ramp works correctly but the light blinks once and stays off until another light command is sent to it.

All of the lights will light in the hwutil and will do everything they are supposed to do. Its just in the Aurora program that I see this anomoly and it can be reproduced every time. I have found that I can put two timing events close to each other, ramp off the first and light off the second and it works correctly. Apperently this is only happening when the ramp and the light are on the same timing event. Maybe its something in the ramp command that is erroring the light?

Edited by dwduckie - 10 Dec 2011 at 6:31pm
dwduckie View Drop Down

Quote dwduckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 11:18pm

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have Aurora seeing the controller as a D-Light ACx16 (1.13+ firmware) if that helps find a solution to the issue...

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 8:31am
Other users who have experienced similar issues as you have reported success by downgrading the controller firmware to v1.17 or v1.16.  Does the controller exhibit the same behavior when running either of those firmwares?
~Jonathan
dwduckie View Drop Down

Quote dwduckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 9:17pm
To downgrade the controller firmware, all I have to do is flash it like I do when I upgrade right? Or is there a separate process that needs to be performed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>