7: Out of memory error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:37am
Correct.  The firmware update process is the same regardless of the firmware file version being used (except when installing v1.20, which does require modifying the EEPROM settings).
~Jonathan
dwduckie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dwduckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:30pm
Ok, downgraded to v 1.17 from 1.20. Still have the same issue. Couldn't find v 1.16. I even tried installing on a separate computer, but still the same behavior Cry.

Just a recap:

The out of memory error seems to have been fixed with the installation of Aurora version 1.0 build 90. The only problem I am having now is that if I try to ramp on one bank and attempt to light on the other bank in Aurora (with the D-Light firmware at 1.20), the ramp works but the light just flashes for an instant and turns off. This seems to only happen when the light command and the bank command are on the same timing event. If the light command is on a different timing event, everything works correctly. I am not sure how to test the controller itself other than the D-Light Hardware Utility, but everything seems to test fine from what I can tell.

With v 1.17, if I try to ramp and light on different banks, anytime during the ramp flashes the light with the ramp working correctly. In the D-Light Hardware Utility, lighting while ramping works correctly. I have switched back to v 1.20 on the D-Light firmware (making the necessary EEPROM change to be compatable), as the lights behave better. I am unable to locate v 1.16 at this time.

I will continue to check this forum for possible solutions to this issue, but as I have to start the show this weekend, I do not know how much testing I can do at this time (other than weekends) so please do not think I have given up. I will be more available for testing after the holidays and hopefully we can resolve this issue .

I am looking to purchase a new controller each year until I get the entire yard lit (I own the entire block), and would love to continue to receive updates to Aurora and at some point (with the developers permission) to help advertise and test updates for the team. I am not much of a programmer, but I do have the hardware and software to test multiple platforms and configurations.

K well I have to get everything ready for this weekend so I will check again tomorrow night. Keep up the good ideas!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12