Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HELP:::::BIG TROUBLE run time error 76

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
garagemahall4 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote garagemahall4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP:::::BIG TROUBLE run time error 76
    Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 3:55pm
CryOK now I have big trouble, when I started this holiday season, I had 5 songs going, I added 16 more channels and then lost 2 songs, now today I lost all songs and I get a run time error code 76 and cant move forward with anything, please someone help me, heres my number, could someone call and walk me through this problem and help me find my songs and sequences, many thnaks John    727-215-8569

Quote garagemahall4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 5:39pm
alos wanted you to know that this computer is not hooked up to the internet, it is dedicated to just the christmas lights, it has the windows xp in it, I did not try to delete anything, just cant understand where the songs went, so today I deleted the audio traks to the 2 missing songs and then reloaded the cd tracks, after that is when I lost everything, I cant even turn aurora on now with out the run time error 76 coming on the aurora turns off as I can not move forward, I cant even run demo mode, I really need some help on this, as there are not any users in my area that i know about. John
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 7:39pm
I don't recall off hand what the 76 error is, but whenever one of my systems gets messed up to the point that Aurora won't open up, I do the following: 

1.  Back up my sequences and audio.  In fact, I move them out of the Aurora folder completely. 
2.  Un-install Aurora.
3.  Delete the entire Aurora folder. 
4. Reboot.  This is important. 
5.  Re install Aurora.  You will want to use version 1.0.90.  It's available on the Download page.  (Download the zipped file to a thumb drive and move it to the other system.) 
6.  Reboot.  This is important. 
7.  Place the sequences and audio back into the new Aurora folder.
8.  Open Aurora and re enter your key. 
9.  Set up your show, COM ports, End of Show behavior, etc. 

If you are still having issues, then check the audio of your songs.  They need to be in .WAV format, and 16 bit PCM.  Audacity can convert them to the correct format
~Jonathan

Quote garagemahall4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 9:05pm
I hit the start key on my comp, then go to my computer, then click on hard drive c, then program files, then aurora sequencer, and I go to sequences and there is only winter wonderland by elvis,
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 8:33am
Error 76 is a file path error.  It usually indicates that a drive which which you saved something to (which Aurora needs to read that something), is no longer available.  It is most common (99% of the time) with those who save their sequence, audio, or picture files to a USB flash drive (or other removable media) and then start Aurora without the drive attached.

The first step is to make sure you have all of your drives attached before starting Aurora. 

If that isn't the problem, then you can delete config.dat in the Aurora Sequencer directory to get Aurora to open again.  This will reset Aurora to the default search paths.  If you choose to do this then you will need to reconfigure your serial network(s) since that information will be lost.

Michael

Quote garagemahall4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:44pm
will my sequences be lost if I delete config.dat ? I dont have any removable drives, never worried about loosing my sequences until now.  thanks
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 10:36pm
Your sequences will be fine if you delete config.dat.  However, as with any program, it is always a good practice to make a backup of your important files first. 
~Jonathan

Quote garagemahall4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 7:16am
Ok, I deleted config.dat and I can start up the program again, yet I have no sequences now, all 7 are missing, where can I find them?
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 8:10am
Use the Windows "Search" function. If they still don't show up, simply restore from a backup.

Post Reply Post Reply