Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Kill.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 3:44pm
I don't know the process with AVG.  With Avast I had to restore it from the virus chest, then temporarily shut down protection, then generate the MD5 hash, and then restart protection.

I submitted a false positive with Avast.  I encourage you to do the same with AVG. 

For performance reasons it is unlikely that any antivirus actually looks at every byte in a file.  While they don't reveal their secrets, it is probable that they look at a handful of bytes and the total file size to figure out if it is a threat or not.  This Aurora file just happens to match the pattern when it isn't a threat.

Interestingly, I can get the file to pass Antivirus testing if I comment out the lines which shut down the DMX-over-dongle server (the 2009-2011 DMX patch).

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 12 Sep 2012 at 3:45pm
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:07pm
After disabling my AVG, I did manage to hash it and it gave me the 246b990f9acff3958f6a551889ae2339 number you had. I will tell AVG about the false positive.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:07am
I'm just glad this was caught now instead of December; this is the type of thing that usually pops up around then and makes a support nightmare (does anyone happen to remember Windows Update replacing the FTDI drivers right in the middle of the 2009 season?)

Michael
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 6:16pm
Windows likes to change things around as they will. It likes to keep us on the edge....

As for killcom, it appears like my AVG hasn't seen it as a threat today when it scanned it. I wonder if AVG changed its heuristic files already?

ibewill View Drop Down

Quote ibewill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 11:14am
I have been dealing with the kill.com problem for a while and mine problem is even worse. Norton Security Suite that Comcast gives free to customers is quarantining Kill.com and the entire Aurora Sequencer and Scheduler software. If I try to open either, there is no file to open with. I have to reopen the original download file that fixes Aurora then open Aurora Sequencer or Scheduler immediately after. Norton thinks its so bad I can't exclude aurora. Hope not to deal with this next year. Adding this to my other problems have been frustrating.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 3:24pm
Easy solution. Get rid of Norton and use AVG-Free. Just as good if not better, and making file exceptions is much easier.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12