Forum LockedScheduler problem perhaps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler problem perhaps
    Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 12:02pm
Somewhere between .2 and .4 seems like my scheduler stopped talking to the com port.  I run on com 4. It used to work. Aurora plays sequences through the network 1, com 4 just fine. The scheduler starts the schedule ok but appears as if it not talking to the com port and no lights.

To test I reverted back to 2.0 build of the scheduler and that works.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 12:46pm

I'll check this out and attempt to get a scheduler patch out this week so that this does not interfere with the July 4 shows.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 6:16pm
Thanks - for me it's no big problem so no rush  - but there may be others that run into the same problem and plan to do a July 4th showing.
The work around is to drop back to Version 2 Build 0..  This is what's working for me.

As I'm constructing sone of the things for my 2008 xmas display (arches, talking snowman, etc) I've been setting stuff up in my basement and testing - (Looks like a Christmas light bomb exploded when I do this).. Found that using the scheduler allows me to sit back and see how a particular part of the display will look in all my sequences and not have to run back and forth from computer upstairs to display setup in basement.

Other than this minor 'bug' everything has been working great!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 5:46pm
bdkeen,

I haven't been able to replicate this yet.  I used the D-Light adapter on COM4 during testing.

Is anyone else having this problem with 0.4?
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 9:11pm
Sorry for being AWOL - been an aggravating month, but won't bore you with it.

Having same issue, which I discovered today when putting Independence Day show through a preliminary. Ran through all available com ports (normally Com4) just in case. Same applies using the WiLink. Was using ACx16s for the test, will try an ACx8 tomorrow just for giggles. Am also going to attempt just using the scheduler from an earlier release without doing a full rollback. 

Comm light will remain steady-on while Borealis is running, but it appears the controller is ignoring the data. Corrupted???

Edited by LightChristmas - 24 Jun 2008 at 9:13pm

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 10:33pm
Thanks for the update... I'll try it on a clean system.  It is possible that something is missing in the installation package (which the development systems would have regardless of the installation package status).  The scheduler uses the same playback module as the sequencer which I have seen work so this is just a packaging/dependancy issue with the new installer that was introduced in 0.4.  In the worst case scenario it is still possible to roll out a scheduler only install using the old installer to get the July 4 shows going.

FYI... the 0.2 scheduler will play 0.4 files, but any of the new D-Light specific effects (e.g. Shimmer Ramp) will not be rendered properly since they did not exist in 0.2. 

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 24 Jun 2008 at 10:34pm
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 8:15am
As I recall I think I just copied the .2 aurora_scheduler.exe from the .2 aurora_scheduler.CAB file, renamed the .4 aurora_scheduler.exe and replaced it with the .2 aurora_scheduler.exe.

But I may have actually run the .2 scheduler install. With the newer installation package I don't recall the scheduler showing up as an installed program (Add|Remove Programs).. If it should sho there that might help explain why it didn't work and would surely help point toward the new installer package perhaps.  It's there now which leads me to believe I did the .2 scheduler installation.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 3:42pm
I've located the problem.  It wasn't with the installer but an issue with the new device types not being properly loaded into the scheduler.  I'm working on a fix now that should be ready later today.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 4:07pm
The scheduler patch is ready... to download it add _scheduler before the .zip in the original download location from which you downloaded 0.4. 

Assuming you have 0.4.0 or later installed (not 0.2), just replace the aurora_scheduler.exe file in the Aurora Sequencer folder with the new one you just downloaded and unzipped.

If any of that didn't make sense or anyone needs help, just let me know!

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 5:53pm
Yeah, I lost all that when my email address changed to this one. Can you resend me the email.

Sorry,
Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>