Creating video at certain points in a sequence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating video at certain points in a sequence
    Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 10:55am
I posted this over on PC but I think I should post here too:

Hey all,

Okay so I know there are some post out there about this topic but I am going to ask the question a bit differently.

I want to drive a projector at certain points of a song. I use Aurora software. I want to embed the movie clips into the sequence. I am looking for something that is fairly inexpensive????>. I am not in a per say freezing area but during december it does get cold. I might have the ability to keep it in doors becuase i have not finalized this years display.

So It must hook directly up to my computer and integrate via movie clips saved to a sequence in Aurora?

Hope some of you video display guro's can help!

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 2:54pm
Does anyone use the video capability in Aurora?

Anyone?

Slink

peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 3:13pm
See comments below:

I want to drive a projector at certain points of a song. I use Aurora software. I want to embed the movie clips into the sequence. I am looking for something that is fairly inexpensive????>. I am not in a per say freezing area but during december it does get cold. I might have the ability to keep it in doors becuase i have not finalized this years display.

It's pretty straight foward, just get the video clip you want as part of the sequence (you can either use the sound track from the video, or mix in other music into the video, or vice versa for that matter).

You will need to set up dual displays (one for the sequencer S/W and one for the moniot output for the video), once set up you just configure it in Aurora and drag the video output to the second monitor (or video projector in your case), some folks have had good experiences with a low cost Torpedo video projector (from Walmart at about $150 for the projector)

So It must hook directly up to my computer and integrate via movie clips saved to a sequence in Aurora?

Thats correct
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 8:43pm
Slink,

I used video in all but one of my sequences last year.   As Pete said, the two headed video card is a first. 

The easiest method I found with Aurora was to use windows movie maker software.

Import the track in the MM.  You have the option of stretching the pictures to cover more or less time.  I created a black image for the effect of no video during a sequence. 

When you complete the sequence, render it into an AVI format.  You can then replace the original WAV files with the AVI file and since the original WAV was used to create the new Video, all your timing marks and sequences will work without any flaws.

I had 9  sequences last year and 8 of them contained video. 

I gave Michael a short video of my home shot by a TV crew last year. 

David
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 11:11am
Thanks guys,
One more question :)
So you go through do all your sequencing. Then open MM and create a video show for the duration of the song or with the .mp3? Start off Black screen for 45 seconds - then play 15 sec video then black screen for ........ etc. now you do this until you have the exact time of the .MP3 that you sequenced. Then you go back into Aurora and import the .AVI as the music track for the sequence?

okay so that was more then one question

It seems this is the way to go. I have a newer computer that I got last year a 64 bit LCD screen and all. The bad part it is just an off the self computer in a mini case I don't know if i'll be able to upgrade the video card. Hopefully since it is rather new it will be able to drive dual monitors!

Thanks again for all your help!

Slink

Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 3:10pm
Slink,

ONce your sequence is created, create the entire video sequence in MM.  It has a music timeline like the waveform in Aurora and Spectrum. Add your black screens and images etc and play it till you are satisfied with the results. 

ONce finished, have MM output the file as an AVI.  You can then replace the original mp3 file "my new video" with the original "MY ORIGINAL MP3"  in the setup screen in Aurora.

Did I clear that up enough or is it more confusing than before.  When you are finished, the new file should replace the original.

Set up the video output on settings in the sequence.

David
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 8:05pm
Another point, in the PC post, it stated that you need a reasonably highend video card.

This isn't true, as long as it supports dual monitors (at the resolution of the projector needs), then it should be fine. You can find perfectly good video cards to do the job for less than $50 :-)
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 8:35pm
here is another issue, my projector only has the yellow/white/red (I think that is like AVI plugs). Does anyone know if if video cards support that type of output?

Slink

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 9:33pm
White - Audio Left
Red - Audio Right
Yellow - Composite video

ATI makes several cards with composite video out.

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 10:09pm
that work in a dual monitor mode? if so awesome!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>