Forum LockedYes, we're still here...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes, we're still here...
    Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 10:35pm
Q: When is the best time for a major server meltdown?
A: When you 800 miles from home at a trade show with no way to fix it.... of course!

At midnight on 7/25 I got an automated text message stating that one of our servers were down.  Normally it would be trivial to bring up a backup server and have everything running before anyone even noticed... but from 800 miles away at the Texas Christmas Lights Workshop this isn't an easy solution.  It is even more fun when you've just handed out 100+ brochures about your product directing trade show attendees to you web site!

Long story short... I'm still in Houston (we're heading back tomorrow morning) but with some work I've got the site back up remotely.  Email is still down and will be for another 36 hours but the site and forum up.

Regarding TCLW, it was great.  Aurora showed very well.  I'm bringing back a decent size list of customer requests and have made a few good business contacts that should lead to some excellent news down the road.
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 10:00am
I was wondering about that. I tried to get here a few times yesterday. It's great you got it worked out. Are we still looking at July for the release?
Jeff

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 10:15am
What I ended up handing out at TCLW we labeled 0.5.  I'll be getting it out to everyone when we get back to Nashville.

There are a couple known bugs with 0.5 to fix and I'll also feel more comfortable if I can run through another cycle with the beta testers before labelling it 1.0, so more realistically we're looking at about a month to work out the final kinks.  If I did my job well it may get busy around here.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 9:24am
Beta cycle looks good so far with 0.5.  If all goes well everyone should receive a download link for beta 5 tomorrow. 

Our servers (including email) are all completely up once again. 
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 10:48am
I'd say the mail server is back up! Jeeze! I have my preferences set to email me any tiime a new post is added. Started reading/replying the new posts at 0830 and have just now finished at 1045!

Post Reply Post Reply