need some info on waveform to event tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need some info on waveform to event tool
    Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 8:35pm
I put this question in the .05 catagory but figured it might be missed so I will put it here also. Can someone explain the waveform to event tool a little? Thanks
Jeff

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 10:05pm
Waveform To Event (W2E) is basically, a tool that takes the audio and converts it to an event - just like a ramp or fade. The effect it gives is variable intensities for the duration of the cell its used in. W2E is configurable for higher or lower levels of audio (translates directly to the intensity).

While some may argue that W2E is a copout for creativity (you could literally do an entire sequence this way), I feel its more of an enhancement to be used just a freqently as any other effect in a sequence.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 10:19pm

Waveform to event copies whatever you see in the audio track view into intensity events in the sequence.  If you have the audio view set to amplitude or spectrogram the copy will be of the overall volume level.  If you have the audio view set to a specific music note the copy will be of the volume level at just that note.

Some applications:

Snowman fight... intensity can control servos that move the mouths

Voiceovers... make the mega tree "talk" to the audience

Linus and Lucy... assign a specific music note to each mini tree and have them follow the piano notes (a.k.a. color organ)

As LC said... this tool is easy to abuse.  I think sparingly is the word to use here.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 7:25am
Already have added this to some of my sequences - I'm planning to use it to modulate what was a rather boring looking donation box.

Aurora just keeps getting better, and better, and better!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 11:42am
And we still have a few tricks left up our sleeve... too bad those will have to wait until after version 1.0.

What you see in 0.5 is the final feature set for 1.0.  The feature set has been locked down (no more feature creep) and we are working bug fixes only until 1.0.  1.1 on the other hand......
 Post Reply Post Reply