Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > 0.6 Pre-Release (Release Candidate 1)
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDivision By Zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 11:19am
Just tried it again and get division by zero when trying to Save-As (different name file as to not lose my work) after changing ID and channel on the channel that corrupts events.

I tried deleting channel events and could save with out the crash..

This with with ..6.0 not 0.6.1

Edited by bdkeen - 07 Aug 2008 at 11:20am
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 11:23am
0.6.1 seems to have fixed the division by zero I was also getting..  Smile
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 11:23am
Please try again with 0.6.1.  I depreciated about 50 lines of buggy code left over from the 0.4 database days and replaced them with a single line "MoveGroup" call with the new database that should be much more stable.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 11:37am
Tired 0.6.1 - fixed the channel corruption and allowed me to save without getting the division by zero.

But when I try to open the file that was saved:
Aurora Error Encountered at 8/7/2008 12:38:16 PM
Debugging Information:
11: Division by zero
Main Processing Loop  
AuroraData2

Have put the .dls at http://www.keenlights.info/christmas/Aurora/test.dls in case you want to look at it for any reason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 12:36pm
Do you happen to have another computer to test on?

I don't doubt you are seeing this and we will get to the bottom of it, but at the moment it hasn't been possible to make this happen in the lab and the beta testers are not able to reproduce this.

Also, could you please run Aurora once with the -debug detailed logging option turned on.  To do so:

Click start, then Run
Type
"c:\Program Files\Aurora Sequencer\aurora_sequencer.exe" -debug
(including the quotes) and then hit enter.

Once you get the error message, let Aurora close and then email me your c:\program files\aurora sequencer\aurora.log file.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:09pm
I was going to see if I could run Aurora on my W2K3 server -  I might just try it now.
And I was thinking the very same thing  - I might have an old machine here I can setup with XP to try it on too.

Also thanks for splitting this off in the forum
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:19pm
I don't get a divide by zero but I do get other errors.

I opened a 42 channel sequenced (not imported), changes the channel ID (with bulk edit) from 3 to 4 on the bottom 10 channels.

Then I right clicked on the first of the channels I changed the ID from 3 to 4 and changed it's colr from white to yellow. Then hit save the channel change. Then I get a runtime error 91 (note it's repeatable even if I only do a bulk change on ONE channel and change the channel color)

peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:28pm
Digging in more. The error also happens even if you just change a channel color on any sequence or you try to add another channel to the sequence.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:42pm
peteandvanessa,

Please email me the sequence and I will try to reproduce it.  I just did as you instructed with some of my own sequences and did not get any errors.

Also, is this 0.6.0 or 0.6.1?

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 07 Aug 2008 at 3:44pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:55pm
peteandvanessa,
Maybe you have the wrong version of auroradata2.dll still hanging around from the beta tests?  Note that the 0.5.4 version is missing the channel undo/redo interfaces.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>