Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > 0.6 Pre-Release (Release Candidate 1)
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDivision By Zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Division By Zero
    Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 5:28pm
Imported a LOR2 - seemed to work ok - was Holdman's Music Box Dancer to be exact.

Began to move channels around and assign channels for use in my controller setup.
Program crashed with a division by zero dialog on the screen.

Aurora.log contains:

Aurora Error Encountered at 8/6/2008 6:32:52 PM
Debugging Information:
11: Division by zero
Refresh Channel Buttons  
AuroraData2

Aurora Error Encountered at 8/6/2008 6:33:13 PM
Debugging Information:
28: Out of stack space
Initialize Mouse Pointers  
LightsOnLoganSequencer

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 7:32pm
Hmmm... that is puzzling.  Division only happens once in that subroutine and it is behind a conditional if that makes sure the denominator isn't zero, so division by zero shouldn't be possible there.  I'll see if we can replicate it here.  If you have an exact set of steps that will produce this error every time it will help us track this down quicker (e.g. Import this sequence, move this channel, move this channel, set this cannel to xyz, etc.)

Out of curiosity, did you reboot after the installation?
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 7:49pm
Yes I rebooted.
Imported sequence. adjusted about 16 to 32 channels assigning to controller 10 and F, changed colors to magenta to easily identify moved channels, started to group channels by discriptive information (i.e. all megatree white together)..
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 8:52pm
Has this happened multiple times or only the one time? 

Did it happen during a channel move drag/drop or when hitting the save button to save a channel edit?
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 9:05pm
Multiple times -  Trying it again from scratch.

This time:

Aurora Error Encountered at 8/6/2008 10:01:00 PM
Debugging Information:
11: Division by zero
Backup Workspace  
AuroraData2

Aurora Error Encountered at 8/6/2008 10:01:35 PM
Debugging Information:
28: Out of stack space
Initialize Mouse Pointers  
LightsOnLoganSequencer

Imported LOR2 file - seemed to work ok
This time used bulk channel editor and changed all the controller id 2 channels to controller id 10 (just moving them somewhere else to free up ID 2 for my assignments
Saved file to .dls at this point
Adjusted 2 channels to point at 2-8 and 2-9 and crash.

Tyring agin from saved point (.dls) and not happening - will keep on with this sequence and see if it happens again and let you know.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 9:22pm
Div zero in backup workspace this time?  Sounds like it is in a supporting function or even a timed event that isn't pushing its name onto the error stack and is instead inheriting the parent.

It is possible that some environment variable isn't being set properly after import.  If this is the case then the workaround would be to perform the import, save as a DLS right away, exit Aurora, reopen Aurora and load the DLS file, then begin working with it.

Let me know if this happens after working with the saved DLS or if it only happens when working with an imported file.
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 9:25pm
Bruce,

Why don't you use CamStudio to record what is happening then post the video to a a site like putfile or YouTube so all the actions can be seen.

Tom

Holding breath for DMX.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 6:49am
After leaving the pc rest powered off over night tried again this morning.

Here are the results. I've also made the .dls file available.
Sorry about the large screen shot graphics - tried to reduce them and there was too much detail loss

Edited by bdkeen - 07 Aug 2008 at 6:50am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 10:37am
I can't get anything to division by zero, but I do see the events that you say are changing which necessitated the copy/paste... that should not be happening.  I will open a seperate case on that issue.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 11:14am

I have some bug fixes for you and anyone else who needs to do bulk editing of channels:

-----
- Fixes channel edit causing event data corruption
- Fixes bulk channel editor causing events to "dissappear"
- Adds progress bar and hourglass to BCE

The patch with these corrections can be found here:

Instructions for installing the patch (read carefully):
1. Make sure Aurora is not running on your PC
2. Unzip the file into your c:\Program Files\Aurora Sequencer directory (yes, do overwrite the one that is already there)
3. Start Aurora... if you did the above correctly the version number on the splash screen will read 0.6.1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>