Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > 0.6 Pre-Release (Release Candidate 1)
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedchannel count

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: channel count
    Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 3:15pm
Minor thing but have noted that when I load a sequence the channel count is always 1 more than the actual number of channels (says 113 in my case) . When saving the count is accurate. (says 112 in my case).
Repeatable and happens on all sequences for me.

Believe this was happening before 0.6.4 - noticed it in 0.6.3 but wasn't paying much attention prior to that.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 3:39pm
Thanks... I'll fix that.  It is just a minor math error.
Bubba View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:39pm
I did notice that there was a reserved channel with .62 I thought it was counting that one. BTW what is that channel for.
www.brightonbrittain.com
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 9:10pm

Reserved channel?

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 9:13pm
Not seeing that here either. Is the sequence an import??

Edited by LightChristmas - 13 Aug 2008 at 9:14pm

Bubba View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 4:41am
With .64 I can't get it to come up but with .60 and below you could click on it but it wouldn't accept events. It was at the very top and only showed up if you put your cursor right on top of it and was squished up to the top. No I don't have any imported sequences every thing I have is original. I'm sure Mike knows what I'm talking about.
www.brightonbrittain.com
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 7:58am
That sounds like a rendering engine miscalculation.  There isn't a reserved channel up there, but the grid might have been painting one if the position of the first channel was miscalculated. 

I have never seen the "phantom channel zero" myself (this is the first time I have heard of it).  Are you running a non-standard font size or some other option that the render might not be properly compensating for?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 8:45am
Did some more looking... a "[Reserved Channel]" is getting stored in the channels table of the DLS file but should never be able to display on the grid.  The reservation has to do with migration/compatibility between the old DLS database and the new DLS database which was introduced in 0.5.  Prior to 0.5 this existed as a "configuration index" which has been depreciated in the new architecture plan.  Basically the only thing it now does is take up about 400 bytes in the DLS file.

I could not find a way to get it to render on the grid though as it does not have an index valid for rendering on the grid.  I will continue to try various combinations of settings to see if I can find the render miscalculation which is allowing this to appear.
Bubba View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 10:45am
Last night I got on my my PC and I couldn't get it to show but if I reverted to the .60 version you could, with a little mouse wiggling get it to show up and you can click on it. The font matches the background so unless your looking for it it's hard to see. I can even get the properties box to come up and everything.
www.brightonbrittain.com
 Post Reply Post Reply