Importing LOR II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 8:59pm

Ok, it has been posted on Aurora file swappers.  If someone would look at it for me I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Tony Furst View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 4:36am
Tried to save the file but it is uploaded as an xml file not .lms can you either resave to the yahoo group or send it to me via e-mail at tfurst@sbcglobal.net  Once I get the file I'll see if it works for me.

Tony
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 7:21am
You may be able to copy and paste the page into Notepad and save as myFile.lms - I'd do it myself but I'm supposed to be pretending to work right now.  ;)

(I assume that .lms files are just XML and Yahoo's application thinks that it's smarter than you and outputs the content to the screen instead of a file since it is recognized as valid XML.)
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 12:28pm
FINALLY!! Got to mess with it.

The sequence appears to be okay under LOR2, but definitely does not import to Aurora correctly. Tried re-saving the file under LOR2 and importing - no dice, all channels on.

Looks like another bug to tromp.Dead

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 12:45pm
I have played and played with this one and cannot get it to import properly, it continually drops the channels.

Tony
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
Gary Martin View Drop Down

Quote Gary Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 5:35pm
Has any more headway been made on importing LOR2 sequences?  I am interested in switching to Aurora, but when I tried to import a LOR2 sequence, most of the timing was trashed.  As the previous poster here mentioned, most channels just end up *on* after their first timing event to turn them on.   It looks like all 500+ channels imported, but the timing is phoey.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2009 at 4:11pm
Gary,
The import issues seem to have been fully resolved, I have imported several LOR 2 files with no problems.

Tony
Gary Martin View Drop Down

Quote Gary Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Tony Furst

Gary,
The import issues seem to have been fully resolved, I have imported several LOR 2 files with no problems.

Tony

Are you running build 41?  It definitely doesn't import most of my sequences correctly. ;(
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 12:34pm
Gary, you are having the exact same problems as I am importing Lor II sequences.  
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 6:24pm
Gary,
Yes and so far haven't had any issues, I have not tried importing anything huge so I wonder if it has something to do with channel or event count.  If you have a larger sequence you want me to try send me a PM through PC or CC and I'll give you my e-mail address so you can send it to me.

Tony

Edited by Tony Furst - 11 Feb 2009 at 4:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>