Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > 0.7 Pre-Release (Release Candidate 2)
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedImport shutdown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import shutdown
    Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 4:20pm
I can also comfirm that Aurora imports MP3's just fine. I've imported at least 10 from my older D-Light sequences. It looks like it might therefore be a DRM (Digital Rights Management Issue and /or MP3 bit rates). Try re-ripping the song to Wav

Edited by peteandvanessa - 02 Sep 2008 at 4:21pm
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 3:56pm
As it says above, Aurora definitely will import MP3 files. I've done it, but there can be some "gotchas."  As in DRM - digital rights management, or it can be compressed with a Variable Bitrate or MP3Pro encoder that Aurora just can't decode properly. Some MP3 files are just difficult. Did you encode it yourself or download? If you downloaded it, you are at the mercy of whoever created the file as to how clean it is.
JonB - D-Light user
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 12:52pm

Aurora does support MP3 files, however it appears that Aurora can not read this particular audio file.  Does the file contain any DRM that might be preventing Aurora from reading it?

sctrpete View Drop Down

Quote sctrpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 12:46pm
I just tried to import a MP3 file with ver. 1.0 and I get the same error message prior to the program crashing!

HELP!!
sctrpete View Drop Down

Quote sctrpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 12:38pm
I guess I could convert the MP3 to WAV format, however shouldn't the software be able to import the audio file in the MP3 format?  The drop down menu gives many different formats to choose from.

I just downloaded the new release and see if the problem still exists.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 8:04pm
I would suspect a problem with the MP3 file first. Do you have another copy of it? Or can you convert it to WAV and try it?
JonB - D-Light user
sctrpete View Drop Down

Quote sctrpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 2:45pm
Received the following message when importing LOR 1.X file:
"Unexpected error Aurora will reset"
Debugging info
6: Overflow main processing loop Aurora audio.

This message occurred immediately after I selected the audio file (MP3 format)

Thanks,
Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply