Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Vista MSCOMM32 / Error 339 official thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vista MSCOMM32 / Error 339 official thread
    Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 8:39am
A small percentage of users have reported that a new install of Aurora on some Vista systems will report an error message about MSCOMM32 and will not start up.  The specific error message follows:

Aurora encountered unexpected error and will now reset.
339: Component "MSCOMM32.OCX" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
WAVspy Resize
Main

Cause:
Another application has previously been installed that contains an incompatible or incomplete version of MSCOMM32.

Solution:
If you have not already done so, install Vista Service Pack 1.  For most users this will fix the problem.  If the problem persists then you will need to remove MSCOMM32.ocx from your C:\Windows\System32 folder and then reinstall Aurora (doing so will allow the installer to update your system with a compatible version of MSCOMM32). do the following:

1. Download the Aurora Vista Patch from:

2. Unzip the contents of the zip file

3. Right click on the AuroraVistaPatchInstall.bat file you just unzipped and select "Run As Administrator"

4. Reinstall Aurora

1. Uninstall Aurora
3. Install the new version you just downloaded.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 04 Sep 2008 at 1:47pm
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 10:22am
I know this is a dumb question...but how do you check to see which service pack you have? I'm almost positive that I saw once windows update install a service pack.  I'm comming up with this error and I run Vista. I have Spectrum installed...would this be why?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 10:53am
Having Spectrum installed will not affect Aurora.  If you have been keeping current with Windows Update then you probably do have the service pack installed.  You will need to follow the second procedure to fix this error message.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 10:57am
Originally posted by wellinge

I know this is a dumb question...but how do you check to see which service pack you have? I'm almost positive that I saw once windows update install a service pack.  I'm comming up with this error and I run Vista. I have Spectrum installed...would this be why?

I don't believe in dumb questions. Only dumb ones are the ones that go unasked.

Right click on the "My Computer" icon and click on Properties. A screen will pop up describing it all. It will be abbreviated as SP1.

What kind of error are you getting?

wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 11:07am
I do indeed have sp1. I'm getting the same exact error as stated above. Only in scheduler though I believe.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 11:21am
wellinge,

Please try the second procedure.  Remove C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMM32.OCX and then reinstall Aurora.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 11:21am
Don't want to sound nit-picky, but can you chronicle the exact chain of events (each step you've done) to generate the error? Can't get it to hiccup here.

You did reboot your computer after installing, right?

Edited by LightChristmas - 02 Sep 2008 at 11:22am

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 12:44pm
Thread has been updated with a new procedure in the original post.
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 4:08pm
ok so I downloaded it. What do I do with the .bat file? I don't have the "run as administrator" option when I right click it. I have that user control or whatever turned off.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 4:11pm
Just double click on it and run it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>