Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Vista MSCOMM32 / Error 339 official thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 4:11pm
ok nevermind. I got it to work. Well I think... It popped up a command prompt window for a second, and then it went away. Is this it?
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 4:17pm
Thats all she wrote! Enjoy!

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 6:17pm
Correct... all you will see is the flash of a command prompt. 

If you have UAC disabled then all you need to do for that step is to double click the file (no need for the "Run As Administrator" part).  Ironically, some early research indicates that the problem may be the result of performing the installation with UAC turned off... we're still researching this and attempting to find a fix so that the patch will not be necessary.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 02 Sep 2008 at 6:17pm
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 9:03am
ok i hate to say this...haha. but it didn't work. I'm still getting the same error. I've tried the patch a couple of times even. Anymore ideas?
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 9:13am
and also a small thing that doesn't bother me, but just thought i'd let ya know. when i exit the program, it stops respoding for a few seconds and then ends.
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 9:51am
wellinge, on your computer, do you know if your CPU supports "DEP" also known as Data Execution Protection? My AMD Phenom does and until I put Aurora Sequencer (I put Scheduler there also, though I don't know if it was a problem) in the DEP ignore" list, it was a little slow to quit and would give me a prompt down by the clock saying there was a DEP problem.

JonB
JonB - D-Light user
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:05am
An observation:

Reinstalled Vista this moning (LOR2 took a huge puke on my registry) and noticed that MSCOMM32 and MSCOMTL are not native to Vista (not installed), this means that a prior 3rd party software install placed these there.Wink

wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:15am
so what does this mean? haha Smile
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:21am
Yes, LC... these are not native to Vista and have to be included with the Aurora installer (they are).  On a fresh install of Vista Aurora will install these correctly.  When another app that requires these installs them before Aurora does the Aurora installer isn't handling the situation properly.
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:32am
oh man...i can't reinstall vista! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>