Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Vista MSCOMM32 / Error 339 official thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:40am
No!!!! Wellinge (or anyone else), by no means reinstall Vista! I'm one of the beta testers for Aurora, and just happened to crash my system last night (by hacking some files) trying to figure out this curent prob with the installer.

In this instance, modifying MSCOMCTL (the root of the Borealis errors) caused LOR2 to execute itself (how?? dunno) and try to fix itself. Long story short, it completey hosed the registry (even regfix didn't help). Spent most of the AM hours backing up/salvaging then reformatting drive and reinstalling Vista. Still doing the Update Hustle.LOL

Edited by LightChristmas - 03 Sep 2008 at 10:48am

wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:45am
haha don't worry i wasn't going to! so is this something I should just wait for Aurora to fix? or what?
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:47am
Nah, you don't need to. Another application that you installed (not OS) installed a version of this file to your drive. Aurora installer seen that and for a lack of better words bugged out. So that is why you had to regsrv it again. your problem is solved Aurora knows it can use the file now.

Slink

Edit: You guys are posting fast. Back this post up 2 or 3 posts.

Edited by Slinkard - 03 Sep 2008 at 10:49am

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:54am
can someone post instructions on what to do to fix the registry or whatever?
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 1:44pm
To "un-register" a file, at a command prompt type:  regsvr32 /u filename.xxx

To "re-register" the file after installing Aurora type: regsvr32 filename.xxx

Worked for me with Vista Ultimate 32-bit
(my CMD prompt automatically opened to the c:\windows\system32 folder so I didn't include the extra information)

Edited by JonB256 - 03 Sep 2008 at 7:29pm
JonB - D-Light user
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 2:51pm

one small add on that:

You need to be in the directory if you do it that way.

Or click the window key and R key at the same time (or start > the click run)
Type CMD
Then
To "un-register" a file, at a command prompt type:  (directory where file is located) C:\system32\regsrv32 -u filename.xxx

To "re-register" the file after installing Aurora type: (directory where file is located) C:\system32\regsrv32 filename.xxx

The important part is to put the directory path in or navigate via the command line to that directory.

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
mbyers23 View Drop Down

Quote mbyers23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 5:26pm
I am running Vista 64 bit and had to edit the batch file as follows, then it worked no problem:

regsvr32 /s /u c:\windows\sysWOW64\mscomm32.ocx
regsvr32 /s /u c:\windows\sysWOW64\mscomctl.ocx
They should create a second patch or be very clear that the patch only works for 32 bit.

Marcus
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 5:45pm
and what is the filename that i should use both to uninstall and reinstall?
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 6:00pm
At the "Start" box on the desktop, type CMD then click on the CMD icon at the top of the list. A command line box with a C:> prompt will appear. Type in each line as follows:

regsvr32  /u c:\windows\system32\mscomm32.ocx         PRESS ENTER

You should get a confimation message in a pop-up box. Click OK and type in the next line

regsvr32  /u c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx            PRESS ENTER

Another confirmation box, click OK, and do the next line

regsvr32  /u c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx          PRESS ENTER

once again, click OK, and reboot your system. If you don't get a confirmation message for any of the above lines, first check your spelling then let us know what it says.

Edited by LightChristmas - 03 Sep 2008 at 6:01pm

wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 6:51pm
"At the "Start" box on the desktop, type CMD then click on the CMD icon at the top of the list. A command line box with a C:> prompt will appear. Type in each line as follows:

regsvr32  /u c:\windows\system32\mscomm32.ocx         PRESS ENTER

You should get a confimation message in a pop-up box. Click OK and type in the next line

regsvr32  /u c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx            PRESS ENTER

Another confirmation box, click OK, and do the next line

regsvr32  /u c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx          PRESS ENTER

once again, click OK, and reboot your system. If you don't get a confirmation message for any of the above lines, first check your spelling then let us know what it says."

So I did this, and the error message still pops up... Stern%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>