Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not starting on the right foot (MSCOMCTL.OCX)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:40am
triple post! sorry

Edited by Slinkard - 03 Sep 2008 at 11:41am

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:42am
Pony

This is my second year using this product. D-light dumped spectrum 36 hours ago, Aurora has been around for about a year and a half.

Slink

tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:55am
Hmmm.  There's an echo in here. Wink
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:56am
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

1. What "flavor" (home, business, etc.) of Vista is this?
2. Do you have UAC enabled or have you disabled it?
3. Do you have multiple users set up on the computer or is this a single user computer?
4. Are you part of an NT domain (if you don't know just skip this question)?

1. OEM Vista 32 Business from Dell
2. UAC, yes, deffinately.
3. both? Neither? By that, I mean there are no local accounts, olny Active Directory accounts
4. Active Directory authentication (I am domain admin and have all local admin rights)

For me, MSCOMCTL.OCX was not registered.
Interestingly, explorer crashed (restarted) at the start of every install.

Anything else? I'm happy to help.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:01am

Pony,

I am going on my second season with this application. D-Light just fired Spectrum 36 hours ago. Aurora saved me last year, and I never looked back Big%20smile.

But I notice the Smart guys are here now, so everyones problems are going to be fixed in a few.

Slink

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Slinkard

Pony

This is my second year using this product. D-light dumped spectrum 36 hours ago, Aurora has been around for about a year and a half.

Slink

Do I have to reply to all of copies of this post? LOL

Yes, I do realise that Aurora BETA has been around for a while and that many people used it for last years display, but I don't know anyone that counts the building/testing phase in thier release date. Clearly the pool of beta testers was only so deep since there are installation issues currently with it. All I'm saying is that our friends over at D-Light feel as though Aurora will compliment thier hardware (and hopefully views) well and Aurora is only now being installed on a wider range PCs.

I think that there are very few people that have nothing (like myself), and everyoone else already has sequences that are (mostly) importing and running, and we do still have a few months before everyhting NEEDS to run well, so lets all help and work though the first minor bugs togeather.
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:04am
My bigest complaint is that I now have to redo my sig AGAIN to include Aurora!
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Pony_God

I think that there are very few people that have nothing (like myself), and everyoone else already has sequences that are (mostly) importing and running, and we do still have a few months before everyhting NEEDS to run well, so lets all help and work though the first minor bugs togeather.

Granted.  But I think you have the people count backwards.  There are really very few who are that "together", but it's easy to feel that way.

Hey, I've got 200+ channels, and I have NOTHING synchronized, save four 16 channel 4th of July sequences from last year.  And even they are full of glitches.  Last Christmas I ran my entire display on a three minute "twinkle" command animation sequence that repeated all evening, so I am starting from scratch too.  You're not as alone as you think.

Repeat my signature over and over again.....
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 11:35am
I thought that you had stuff from D-Light... or somwhere already?
How did you have with over 200 channels and almost no sequences?

Hay, I'm just happy to have cool hardware from D-Light and that I can finnaly start to sequence.
D-Light users Unite!
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:06pm
Man--- I have no Idea what just happened. It is saying that it is not posting then bling blang blam all kinds of post. my IE just freezes up

Sorry guys

wonder how many times I am going to submit this????

Slink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>