Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not starting on the right foot (MSCOMCTL.OCX)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 10:17pm
Do me a favor it might just work:

Got to start > run

Type cmd

In the opened (you should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe directory. look at the name of the window that opened.)

Type regsvr32 qedit.dll                       
then enter.

Let us know the results...

Slink

Edit- I have a xp box that I have installed the original 1.0 on that has not thrown this error. by default that .dll was there but it is a "Work" image. so I can't verify that it is a standard .dll for xp.

Edited by Slinkard - 05 Sep 2008 at 11:01pm

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:14pm
hello all.. i am trying to install aurora and having problems. it installs but when i click on program to run it has error. it gives me option to debug, send or dont send, i have tried the  b version install to with same results. i am running xp. i did install demo version at work and it did install there, i am running xp also there. any hekp would be great. i ran spectrum last year with 48 channels and going up to 96 this year so i need to start planning. thanks again..

tim... 

Bdale Lights View Drop Down

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:59pm

Sounds like I am getting the same error prompt as autotime gets.

I open my command prompt and get the window titled c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe with the prompt of c:\documents and settings\bob

I had already run the regsvr32 command for qedit.dll, so now the error I get when I check the "To see what data this error report contains, click here" link gives me the filename videoe~1.ocx. I searched and the only file that I came up with was videoedit.ocx. I ran the regsvr32 command for this file and it does not clear the error. It just repeats the same error prompt. (filename videoe~1.ocx)

Bob T.

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 7:01am
Bob, do you do video editing on that computer? If so, what software and add-on packs have you installed? 
JonB - D-Light user

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 11:32am
Nope, no video editing. I have done a few MS Office based PowerPoint presentations. Other than that I have a few Graphics programs, Adobe Design CS3, Corel Draw, InterVideo DVD/creator (came with the PC) and Picture Project for my camera.

autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 5:57pm
ive tried to install older version 0.7.1 but still get same problem any help would be great...Confused

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 8:33pm

The file that it is having an error on , is being installed by the Aurora install program. It ends up in the system32 folder, and is among the files in the c:\program files\aurora sequencer\ folder. Same size and date. It is an ActiveX file. I searched the web and found an older version but nothing newer. Tried renaming the file in the system32 folder and it just re-created another file there when trying to run the program.

Autotime - When you get that error window to send or don't send, click on the "click here" right above the Send Error Report. What is the ModName that is in the upper right corner?
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 12:37pm
the mod name is qedit.dll.

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 4:47pm
Autotime, try this. Slinkard posted it earlier and it got me past the qedit.dll error and on to the next one. If you do the following, then run the program again, see if you get another error and what the ModName is.

Click the START button, then RUN, type in cmd and hit enter.
In the Command window (black window, white text) typethe following:  regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\qedit.dll
Then hit Enter
now try to run Aurora and see if it is a different file name.

Bob T.
Bob T.
D-Light controllers - 64 channels (Running for Second Year!)
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 6:13pm
thanks bob
that got me one step closer, i thought i read through all other post and tried everything. but program does open now but if i try to start anything( new  sequence or import a spectrum file) it acts like it loads and just closes, no error or nothing . did this happen to you also?

thanks tim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>